If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Making the legal pleasurable.||„|
|~ A company motto of the Zaibatsu Corporation.|
|“||Represent the futute, today, tomorrow, and always.||„|
|~ A company slogan of the Zaibatsu Corporation.|
The Zaibatsu Corporation is an organized crime syndicate and one of the many villains in the GTA series. They first appeared in Grand Theft Auto 2.
They hide behind the guise of a pharmaceutical company, and their website describes them as "the world's last major privately owned corporation". They appear frequently throughout the entire game, as their presence can be seen and felt in all three districts of Anywhere City. They became embroiled into a violent struggle over control of business interests and gang territories with all other gangs in Anywhere City during the period of which Grand Theft Auto 2 is set in.
The following gangs that contests the control by the Zaibatsu Corporation are: Yakuza, the Rednecks, the Scientists, the Loonies, the Hare Krishna, and the Russian Mafia. They were presumed to be the most powerful criminal organization of all in Anywhere City during the time of Grand Theft Auto 2. The top-ranking leaders of the Zaibatsu Corporation frequently refer to Claude Speed by the nickname they gave him, "Gecko". In the film/movie rendition of Grand Theft Auto 2, Claude is shot dead by a Zaibatsu assassin sent to avenge for his theft of Zaibatsu merchandise.
Products of Zaibatsu
- Zoom Zoom - Energy stimulant.
- Silky Milky - Breast implants that "feel and taste like the real thing".
- Doesn't Need Anything (DNA) - Baby food.
- Hush - Self-reliant sedative.
- Equanox - Alertness pills (advertised in GTA III).
From their in-game car crushing / manufacturing plant:
- Body armour.
- Zaibatsu owns the electrical power stations in Anywhere City.
- "Zaibatsu" is a Japanese business term, referring to business conglomerates in the Japanese Empire, that have major influence over the country's economy.
- Once the player reaches the Industrial District, the tutorial NPC erroneously mentions them as the "Zaibatatsu".