The Yonko, Four Emperors, are the four most notorious and most powerful pirate captains in the world (by the World Government), but are neither allies nor enemies of one another, preferring to remain autonomous under most circumstances. These four individually reside within the second half of the Grand Line (also known as the "New World"), exerting impressive influence/control over dozens of other pirate crews and self-governing islands.
- The Yonko are one of the three great powers in the One Piece world along with the Shichibukai and the Marines.
- Even though he is not a villain, Edward Newgate (or Whitebeard) is the only Yonko who actually died in the series so far.
- Whitebeard and Shanks are the only non-villainous Yonko.
- The current Yonko in One Piece are Marshall D. Teach, Kaido, Charlotte Linlin, and Shanks.
- Before the Marineford War, Whitebeard got into a conflict with Kaido but the issue was resolved by Shanks.
- Kaido is the last Yonko to make an appearance in the series.