|“||"Lulu...take care of Lulu"||„|
|~ X-49's last words before permanently shutting off.|
|“||Seems like Aku got himself a little problem... a problem that won't go away... a samurai problem. I wanted nothing to do with it but that funny scientist informed Aku of my emotions. They got Lulu... sweet thing. I have no choice. Damn feelings. I came out of retirement.||„|
X-49 is a one-shot minor antagonist in the 2001 animated series Samurai Jack, appearing in Episode L: Tale of X-49 as the main villain protagonist.
He is an assassin droid who worked for Aku, but after seeing amoral nature of his duty and that killing people made him do wrong (due to the installment of a experimental personality chip inside), X-49 eventually retired for a few years. However, Aku kidnapped Lulu, a stray dog X-49 adopted, and demands him to kill Samurai Jack.
He is voiced by Daran Norris.
As a X-Model, X-49 has skeleton-like features with broad shoulders and large red eyes. He also wears the same mobster-style clothes like the others.
X-49 was created as one of Aku's early robots, the X Models, by the latter's scientists. X-49 was given an artificial emotion chip by one of the scientists that makes him feel emotions. This also made X-49 think on his own and made him to live on. He managed to survive through obstacles and helped Aku conquer the world where other droids failed. X-49 later went into retirement and took in a stray dog named Lulu.
Years later, X-49 was came out of retirement by Aku who kidnapped Lulu, demending the former to kill Samurai Jack or Lulu dies. He finds Jack and follows him into an abandoned droid factory. Jack destroys X-49 and showed sympathy to the droid. In his final words, X-49 begs the samurai to take care of Lulu.
- Master Gunslinger: Due to his pre-existing program, X-49 possesses excellent skill with his twin pistols in terms of accuracy and efficiency.
- Expert Tracker: He has also show himself capable of tracking Samurai Jack easily, although by his own admission it was quite simple due to Jack's battles with Aku's drones or bounty hunters.
- Expert Musician: X-49 has also shown himself to be a great trumpeter as shown when he frequently played in his home for Lulu.
- He was sometimes erroneously referred to as "X-9" by fans.
- Due to the events of Episode CI, it is more likely that X-49 will be erased from existence due to the death of Aku, thus his creation will cease.