Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
The Vampire King is the main antagonist of the Stakes story arc of Adventure Time. He was the former ruler of the Vampires until Marceline Abadeer killed him.
The Vampire King has the appearance of a large, muscular man with animalistic features, including a face resembling a lion's, scaled, reptilian hands, birdlike feet and a forked tongue like a snake. He wears a white suit, a wine-red cape and a crown resembling the branches of a tree or bush.
After his vampiric essence was extracted at the end of Checkmate, he was divided into two beings: His mortal self was restored to its original form as a seemingly mundane lion, while his vampiric essence became a cloud monster resembling a lion with long, spindly legs and snakes growing out of his head.
After Marceline absorbed the cloud with her demonic powers, the Vampire King appeared to Marceline as a mental projection, appearing as a miniature version of his vampiric self.
The Vampire King is shown to very quiet and serious type.
- Telekinesis - The Vampire King demonstrates telekinesis.
- Telepathy - The Vampire King was able to read Peppermint Butler's mind.
- Teleportation/Blinking - The Vampire King demonstrates the ability to either teleport short distances or move extremely quickly.
- Vampire Creation - The Vampire King can transform humans and animals into vampires.
- Wind Generation - In his Dark Cloud form, he could generate powerful winds.
- Mental Projection - After being devoured by Marceline, the dark cloud half of the Vampire King was able to communicate with Marceline telepathically and appear to her as a miniature version of his former self.
- He is the one who turned Marceline into a vampire.
- He is the only vampire besides Marceline who is not based off of a tarot card.