The Tunneler is one of Andre Toulon's puppets that he had created during the second World War in Berlin, Germany.
Tunneler's personality is that of a cold-blooded killer. He is intelligent and capable of carrying out complex orders.
Powers and Abilities
The drill on his head can willingly turn on and off and drills right through his victims. Tunneler is equipped with a new drill on his head and a drill for a hand, (which is also a laser drill).
Tunneler's soul is Joseph Sebastian, a soldier who was forced to work in the Nazi's salt mines until he died. As a puppet, Tunneler is more of a "gimmick" than a character.
Tunneler does not show much distinguishable personality, when he appears the focus is usually on what his weapon does rather than how he acts. Tunneler is more of a follower than a leader, rarely acting first.
- He has the ability to blink as seen in the original film.
- The action figure of Tunneler has a machine gun and a pickax, but he never uses them in the movies.
- It took Rick Myers and Pinhead longer to wake Tunneler up in "Puppet Master 4", this could be because of his injuries in "Puppet Master II".
- According to a trading card released by Fullmoon features, Tunneler's soul is Joseph Sebastian, a soldier who was forced to work in the Nazis' salt mines until he died. (which is never revealed in the movies).
- Although his uniform looks dark blue in many of the movies, the original prop actually had green uniform.
- Tunneler's original medal was circle shaped, but in the 2nd film onward it was a star.
- In "Curse of the Puppet Master", Tunneler didn't wear his belt but Blade wore it instead.
- It is not known what artist Dennis Gordon based Tunneler's design on, a Fangoia article claimed that he was based on Benito Mussolini.
- Black tape was placed onto his eyes on some scenes to give him more expression.