|“||I told you, man, you ain't the one.||„|
|~ The Guardian telling Jack that he's not the right person to enter the time portal|
|“||For countless eons, I have guarded this magical power of time travel. All have been denied, from the mightiest of giants, to the tiniest of warriors. You see samurai, only one man has been prophesized to defeat me. And that man is the only man who can use this time passage. And you, my man... ain't that man.||„|
|~ The Guardian to Jack about why he protects the Time Portal|
The Guardian is an anti-villain of the 2001 animated series Samurai Jack. Like the Minions of Set, He is a being more powerful than even Jack has ever faced, who guards the time portal. He appears in "Episode XXXII: Jack and the Travelling Creatures , and is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
The Guardian is a tall, bald, muscular man with blue skin and red circular glasses. He is incredibly confident in his own strength and skill and loves the thrill of combat. The Guardian's appearance is significant mainly because the episode he takes part in as it prophecies Jack's eventual return to the past.
The Guardian is extremely dutiful to his duties of protecting the time portal. He will only let the one warrior prophesied to defeat him use it. He does seem to have a sense of mercy. Even though Jack ruined his favorite suit he offered to let him live if he gave up his desire to use the time portal if he valued his life. Upon the time portal telling him to spare Jack since he is the prophesied warrior to defeat him, he spared his life and patiently awaits the day Jack returns to defeat him in one-on-one combat.
When Jack returns to the Guardian's place (by accident) 50 years later, the Guardian was nowhere to be seen. In fact all that is left of Guardian was his destroyed eyeglass and his portal gate has been long destroyed. Therefore, destroying Jack's last hope in returning to the past and having his rematch with the Guardian.
Abilites and Powers
The Guardian is one of the strongest opponoments Jack has come across to. He is completely immune to pain, making him tough to shake down. Despite his unability to feel pain, The Guardian is still capable of feeling anger, like when Jack ruined his suit. In his own words, the Guardian has been guarding the time portal for "countless eons", and has denied (defeated) everyone who came as only one person has been prophesied to defeat him and gain access to the time portal. Being one of the few characters to have easily defeated Jack without much effort, he appears to be at the same strength as the Minions of Set.
- Superhuman Strength: The Guardian's muscular build gave him incredible fighting strength. He was able to effortlessly lift large boulders, and could chew through metal as a normal person would through food. He was also able to shatter metal and concrete with his punches.
- Superhuman Agility: Despite his large mass, the Guardian possessed remarkable agility, leaping and flipping about with at least the same level of skill as Jack himself.
- Superhuman Durability: The Guardian had great durability. At one point during the fight with Jack, Jack deflected a number of missiles launched from the Guardian's own weapon back at him. Upon impact, they caused no damage to the Guardian himself, simply destroying his favorite suit and angering him.
- Ageless: The Guardian seemed to be very old, if not ancient, much older than regular human and alien beings, since he has protected the time portal for countless eons.
- In Episode C, the Guardian's red circular glasses can be seen on the ground cracked along with the now destroyed time portal.
- This confirms that he is dead, as the Guardian lost to Aku's forces.
- However, after the death of past Aku in Episode CI, it is likely that he came back into existence with the time portal being restored.