|“||You're a traitor. You've always been a traitor. It's in your blood.||„|
|~ The Asset's last words before Jason kills him.|
The Asset (real name: unknown) is the secondary antagonist of the 2016 spy action thriller film, Jason Bourne, the fifth installment of the Bourne series, and arguably the secondary antagonist of the entire franchise.
He is a former member of Operation Blackbriar and a professional assassin send to kill Richard Webb, and later Jason Bourne himself. He is ultimately killed by him after a fight.
He was portrayed by French actor Vincent Cassel who also played Philippe LaRoche.
Sometime before the events of the movie, the Asset assassinated Richard Webb (Jason's father) via car bomb under orders from CIA deputy director Robert Dewey.
When Bourne exposed the program Blackbriar, the Asset, who was working as one of the program's agents, was captured and tortured by the terrorists whom he had infiltrated. The CIA took two years to free him from this. After that, he held a grudge against Bourne for all of this.
In 2016, during a chase in Greece, the Asset kills Nicky Parsons and later tracks Bourne in London, intending to kill both him and Malcolm Smith, a former Treadstone surveillance operative.
Later at a convention in Las Vegas, the Asset is ordered to take out Aaron Kalloor and Heather Lee, but Bourne stops the assassinations. After Heather kills Dewey, Bourne chases down the Asset in an intense car chase and eventually corners him in a sewer, where he kills him in a brutal hand-to-hand fight by breaking his neck.
- Richard Webb
- Nicky Parsons
- Malcolm Smith
- Despite The Asset being the secondary antagonist of the movie, he is more dangerous that Robert Dewey. Furthemore, he is the final antagonist of the movie.
- The Asset is very similar to The Hunter from Jack Reacher: Never Go Back :
- Both are nameless.
- Both serve as the main assassin to a military official (Dewey for The Asset / General James Harkness for The Hunter).
- Both are more dangerous and ruthless that their employers.
- Both drives the plot of the movie.
- Both serves as the final adversary for the titular protagonist of their respective films.
- The Asset is the first major antagonist in the Jason Bourne franchise to be physically fought.
|Jason Bourne Villains|