|“||WICKED is Good.||„|
|~ Teresa Agnes|
Teresa Agnes is an anti-villain in The Maze Runner film series.
She is portrayed by Kaya Scodelario.
Teresa was described as very beautiful, and looks about fifteen years old, though actually seventeen. She was described in The Maze Runner as being "thin, but not too small," "roughly five and a half feet," with "burning blue eyes" and skin that was "pale, white as pearls." She had silky "tar black hair" with "long legs" and "perfect pink lips."
While one of the main protagonists and heroes of the first film and a protagonist/hero in the second, Teresa steps up to the role of anti-villain in the climax of the second film, when she allies with WCKD. But in the third film she re-allies with Thomas and his friends and becomes an anti-hero/supporting protagonist.
Believing WCKD is good, Teresa contacts them of her and her groups whereabouts, leading to an ambush by WCKD. Once Dr. Ava Paige arrives she greets Teresa and Thomas informs the group that Teresa is with WCKD now.
Teresa attempts to get Thomas to come with them but he is still angry with her and refuses. But if you see in the book, she only joined WICKED to save everyone and everybody also in the film but it's more understandable there.
- Immutability: Teresa Agnes was told to be immune to the deadly flare virus and its effects. In Death Cure, when Ava Paige announced that the virus was airborne in the city dozens of the people wore mouth masks to be unable to breathe it, except for Teresa due to her immune gene keeping her unaffected.
- Disguise Mastery: In the book, The Fever Code it was said that WCKD had never operated the swipe in Teresa's brain to had loss any of her memories before entering the Maze with Thomas and the Gladers which meant she had still been associated with WICKED and their methods. When waking up in the Glade in the first film it looked like she didn't know anything about her life as the others didn't but that could've just been her lying or pretending not to know.
- Trickery: In The Scorch Trials, she was against the idea of Thomas and the others from them leaving the WCKD facility for she agreed with their methods in finding a cure to the Flare knowing that Thomas would refuse going back she secretly contacted Janson to send more WICKED soldiers to her and the groups location to ambush the army resistance known as the Right Arm at their headquarters capture the immune children for their tests. This causes a betrayal with Thomas and the Gladers for they loss their trust in her.
- Dagger Proficiency: In the Maze Runner Film, Teresa seemed very skillful with using a dagger as a weapon for defense against the Grivers. When leaving the Glade to escape out of the Maze she helps Thomas and the other Gladers to fight their way through the Grivers and before going to save Chuck from falling off the edge she cuts off a piece of the Griver's mechanical tail with ease.
- Medical Intuition/Medicine Creation: In the Death Cure, in the following mouths of working with WCKD she had became a skilled scientist at using the knowledge of what makes immunes like herself different from withstanding the Flare virus and harvesting subjects blood to create a serum for treatments. When kidnapped by Thomas and the others to an abandoned church they had asked her to surgically remove the swipes out through their necks so WICKED couldn’t track them and she successfully performed safely at doing so. Then after removing Thomas’s she asked how long it was since Brenda was treated with his blood, and he applied to her that when she left them in the Scorch she never needed another for the following mouths, so that’s when she snuck a bandage with his blood on it to bring it back for research and discovered that it was able fully cure the effects of virus permanently.
- Teresa genuinely seems to believe WCKD really is good, however, even after seeing WCKD mercilessly taking the lives of the innocent people at the camp, Teresa still wants to go with them and even allows them to take her friends and others.
- In the book, she betrays Thomas, because WCKD threatens her that they will kill him. So she does it to save him. In the Death Cure, Teresa tells Thomas that she only ever cared for him.
- In the last book, The Fever Code, it is revealed that Teresa never had the Swipe performed on her, that is, she always had her memories.