Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
He is voiced by Kinryu Arimoto in the Japanese version of the anime and R. Bruce Elliot in the English version, the latter of whom also voices Faust.
Szilard appeared as an old man with white hair and beard. He usually wore a long, black cloak with businessman suit inside it. His appearance didn't change much since 1711 due to him becoming an immortal.
Szilard was one of the original immortals back in 1711. After discovering the ability to gain immortality, he tried to persuade the other immortals aboard the ship to spread the words about this elixir. Maiza Avaro, however, rejected his offer. Having the other immortals rejected his idea, he decided to take up the offer by himself and started to devour the other immortals in order to gain their experiences and knowledge. His main target was Maiza because he is the summoner of the demon, and the demon granted the recipe to create the elixir to Maiza. However, Maiza has shared the knowledge with his brother, Szilard devoured Gretto, (Maiza's brother), only to discover that he only had half of the recipe. After such chaos aboard the ship, the surviving immortals decided to fight Szilard and pushed him off the ship.
In 1930's, he created Ennis, a homunculus. With the knowledge of the immortals before him, and half of the recipe he got, he managed to create the elixir, even though the ones who drink it will only be half-immortals, which means that they will be invulnerable and will get regenerative abilities, but will still dying from aging.
He was finally able to create a perfect one, but still hunted for Maiza for his own reason: curiosity.
During the match between Maiza and Szilard, Firo Prochainezo and the rest of the mafia members became immortals due to the alcohol bottles that Isaac Dian and Miria Harvent brought.
In the end, Firo devoured Szilard and gained his knowledge and also the knowledge of the immortals before him. With Szilard's terror ended, Maiza and Czeslaw Meyer decided to gather the other immortals because the threat had finally gone.
Powers and Abilities
As one of the original Immortals, Szilard is more than 200 years old and possess alchemical knowledge and the same abilities as the other Immortals.
- Immortality: Szilard doesn't age, and is unaffected by disease and poisons.
- Invulnerability: Like all the others Immortals, Szilard will heal from any inury in a matter of seconds. The more he receive a certain type of injury, the quicker he will heal from it.
- Devouring: Szilard can devour the Immortals, and it is the only way for an Immortal to get killed. By doing so, they will gain the knowledge and the experience of the Immortal they are devouring.
- Alchemy: Szilard possess a great knowledge about alchemy, capable of recreating the Elixir with the half of the recipe and able to create an Homunculus.
Like all the other Immortals, Szilard can be killed only by another Immortal. He is also unable to create lasting false identities (but can still use temporary fake names) and will automatically tell his real name if another Immortal is in the vicinity, because his body will reject all attempts to lie about that.
- Szilard is very similar to Henry Lawson:
- Both are old men with grey hair and a beard.
- Both are Mad Scientists.
- Both are Complete Monsters.
- Both are completely obsessed with achieving their goals (Szilard with creating the Elixir of Immortality and Lawson with making his mark on history), to the point that there are no lines they are not willing to cross.
- Both have artificially created daughters to assist in their goals (Ennis for Szilard and Miranda for Lawson).
- Both have had their daughters betray and try to kill them.
- Both are implied to have created other children before them, only to kill them for being of no further use.