|“||You know, it's wonderful to work in a perfectly controlled environment. But that's something you'd never understand.||„|
|~ Susie to Kirby.|
Susie, full name Susanna Patrya Haltmann, is the secondary antagonist of the 2016 Kirby game, Kirby: Planet Robobot. She is the secretary of the Haltmann Works Company and President Haltmann's assistant.
Susie is a slender young woman with pale skin, light blue eyes, and pink hair. Similar to her father, her arms are disembodied from her body (her feet are never seen from underneath her skirt, but are likely disembodied as well). Susie's suit comes in two parts, a metallic top and a dark gray skirt. She wears orange gloves with two pink accessories on each sleeve and an orange hairpin on her left bang. Whenever controlling her mech, the two accessories on each side of her hood fold down and create a visor-like helmet covering her face.
Susie is a sophisticated and intellectual secretary who works hard at her goals and takes her work seriously. Her position in the technologically advanced HWC leads her to feel superior over the residents of Planet Popstar, viewing them as insects with no power over society. Regardless of her priority, Susie speaks in a benevolent attitude to everyone she meets, including Kirby, despite his position as an obstacle that must be destroyed for the prosperity of the company. She enjoys her life of luxury by shopping, exercising, and finds herself singing "The Noble Haltmann" when no one is around.
Despite being his loyal secretary, Susie secretly despises Haltmann. The reason behind this is possibly due to his obsession with Star Dream, because of his memory transferring controller, he could never recognize her as the one that he spent years looking for.
When Susanna was a child, she and her father studied the ancient technologies of the universe via an ancient wish-making supercomputer they discovered. During a test to reactivate the Mother Computer, an accident occurred and Susanna was transported to Another Dimension, where she became amnesiac. Haltmann was devastated from the loss of his daughter and became determined to fix the Mother Computer and create Star Dream, the most powerful machine in existence, in order to bring her back. Due to excessive use of Star Dream's head-mounted controller, Haltmann slowly lost all his memories of Susie, but appointed her as a secretary in Haltmann Works when she returned, out of what fondness he still had for her.
Kirby: Planet Robobot
Kirby and Susie first meet in the third area, Overload Ocean. After introducing herself, she discusses to Kirby about the Mechanizing Occupation Project, the objective of Haltmann Works Company, and how the company labels the natives of Planet Popstar as obstacles that must be destroyed, with Kirby being no exception. Susie then attacks Kirby using her mech, but is defeated and flees on a drone.
Susie then appears in the fourth area, Gigabyte Grounds, singing the Haltmann Works Company theme song, "Noble Haltmann". She tells Kirby how she met a strong and fearless knight who she remodeled and introduces Mecha Knight, before activating him and flying away on her drone.
In the fifth area, Rhythm Road, Susie is surprised to discover Kirby had made it all the way there. She then shows him a capsule of cloned DNA taken from a ruthless king and it bursts open when it notices Kirby, and Cloned Dedede attacks Kirby while Susie flies away with her drone.
Inside the Access Ark, the headquarters for the Haltmann Works Company, Susie congrats Kirby for making it all the way to the head office alive, while also scolding him for treating the office like a living room simply for being a native. She then shows off the latest model of Mecha Knight, Mecha Knight +, which Kirby defeats. Angered that all her efforts to use a machine made by the Mother Computer went to waste, Susie prepares to take action in her own hands, but is dismissed by President Haltmann to fight Kirby himself.
After Kirby defeats Haltmann, Haltmann prepares to activate Star Dream, but his controller helmet is taken by Susie, so she can take control of Star Dream herself and teach the old man a lesson. Before she is able to put on the helmet herself, said helmet is blasted out of her hands by the Mother Computer, knocking Susie to the ground, as instead of Haltmann taking control of Star Dream, the procedure has a vise versa result and Star Dream bursts from its pedestal into space to eradicate all life in the universe to bring eternal prosperity to Haltmann's name.
Upon waking up, Susie settles her differences with Kirby and calls in an Invader Armor for Kirby to control and orders him to chase after Star Dream before it can cause galactic calamity. Kirby combines the Robobot Armor with Meta Knight's Halberd and the ship sets off to battle Star Dream, ultimately defeating the malicious machine. Susie is last seen in the ending cutscene observing Dream Land being restored to its natural, organic state before flying off in her mech. Where she flies off to is unknown, presumably her home planet to hatch up her next plan.
- Susie's voice is provided by Makiko Ohmoto, the actress who also voices Kirby and Queen Sectonia.
- During the Holo-Doomer phase of the boss fight against the Holo Defense API 2.0, the description states that the holographic Doomers took their shape based on monsters Susie saw in the alternate dimension she was transferred to by Star Dream during the failed test run. This implies that Susie was transported to Another Dimension opened by Magolor under the control of the Master Crown in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
- Susie's appearance changed drastically throughout the creation of Planet Robobot. Originally, Susie was going to have paler skin and large insectoid eyes similar to an android.
- This may imply that Susie was originally meant to be a robotic replica of Susanna in earlier versions of the game.
- Susie's face is on the 50,000 Haltmann bill.
- A Mirror World alternative of Susie appears in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe named Parallel Susie.
- Susie shares similarities to Taranza from Kirby: Triple Deluxe:
- Both are strategic right-hands who are the heavy for their games, despite being affably evil.
- They are both secondary antagonists working for their boss Queen Sectonia and President Haltmann respectively, only to work alongside Kirby to take down the bigger threat (Taranza helps take down Sectonia while Susie helps take down Star Dream possessing Haltmann).
- Both have Dark Mirror counterparts that are fought in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe.
- Both of them have their differences though:
- While Taranza used his own magic to manipulate others against Kirby, Susie was simply using clones or mechanized individuals created by the Mother Computer to face against Kirby.
- Unlike Taranza, who was betrayed by Sectonia for outliving his usage, Susie betrayed Haltmann in order to steal Star Dream, but still failed.
- Taranza is never fought directly, instead using a possessed King Dedede to fight against Kirby.
- Both meet with different fates: Taranza apologizes for his actions and ultimately redeems himself after Sectonia's defeat, whereas Susie simply flees upon Star Dream's defeat, leaving her still evil in heart.