|“||Then so be it!||„|
|~ The Super Shredder before his demise.|
The Super Shredder is a mutated, empowered version of the Shredder. He made his first appearance in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze and was even the final boss in some videogames.
He was voiced by David McCharon (who also played Shredder in the first and second movies) and he was portrayed by the professional wrestler Kevin Nash.
TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze
After being blasted from the nightclub to the docks with a keytar magnified by a sound amplifier, Shredder drank up the last canister of ooze as a last-ditch effort to defeat the Turtles. He overpowered the Turtles and was about to destroy the dock's supports to kill the Turtles, despite Leonardo's pleas to stop and that this will kill everyone under the docks.
Shredder grabbed him and threw him down saying "So be it." as he didn't care that destroying the docks will kill him too. Realizing that they are turtles, the Turtles jumped to the river to safety before the docks collapsed on top of Shredder, crushing him.
TMNT 2012 tv series
Shredder is now Super Shredder in season 4. of the 2012 series.
Super Shredder has made an appearance in four video games:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
- Final boss - After defeating Shredder and Krang, Shredder uses an ooze canister to transform into Super Shredder like he did in TMNT II. He has three new superpowers: super speed, the ability to call down lightning, and shooting fireballs that can de-mutate the Turtles. He can also attack with chops and kicks.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers
- Sub-boss - This incarnation of Super Shredder is a sub-level boss in the final Technodrome level. His only superpower is to teleport elsewhere on the screen. He can also attack with a sword.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
- Final boss - This is only on the SNES version of the game. His superpowers include super speed, fire ground attacks, ice air attacks, and a fireball that can de-mutate the Turtles, which is an instant kill. Earlier in the game, there is a Shredder boss fight added in when the Turtles enter the Technodrome the first time. He fights in a battle tank and the way to defeat him is to throw Foot Soldiers toward him.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist
- Final boss - His powers are pretty much the same from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time except his air attack doesn't freeze you.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- If you Beat the Shredder on the hardest difficulty He will transform into Super Shredder.
- In some textings in other countries, He is called Giant Shredder.
- Oddly, when he drank the ooze, his armor and cape grew as well.