|“||If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! ...Sun Zhu said that, and I say he knows a little more about fighting than you do pal, because he invented it. And then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor! (...) Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one! (...) *sinister laugh* And from that day forward, anytime a bunch of animals are together in one place, it's called a ZOO! ...Unless it's a farm!||„|
|~ The Soldier making a speech to a collection of enemy heads.|
The Soldier is well known for his spectacular rocket jump. In defiance of all common sense and judgment, the Soldier can detonate a rocket at his feet and launch himself skyward at the cost of some health. This ability allows the Soldier to pop up in unexpected places and reach areas off-limits even to the Scout's double jump.The two grenades on the Soldier's character model cannot be used unless the player finishes the Kamikaze taunt, which can only be used when the Equalizer or the Escape Plan are equipped.
Even though all the characters are nuts, he is insane; unlike the Pyro that's also insane but delusional, demonstrated by his video that he has decapitated slaughtered BLU mercenaries, though the Medic may be even more crazy and also his "friends" who all are cardboard that talking to in TF2 comic Grordbort`s Crash and living around packing of Captain`s Dan soups as his home in WAR! comic. He is also is "Proclaimed" name is Mr. "Jane Doe" despite its name is used on unnamed skeletons of women instead John Doe; the opposite of Jane Doe. In Shadow Boxers comic believing his entire team consists of only Americans, but only he, the Engineer, and the Scout are Americans. And recently in Grave Matters, his other possible "real" or just other alias "Barrister Joe" and rank is revealed by his dead boss Redmond Mann. In Meet the Spy, he may also be somewhat of an idiot or immature. The Soldier inspired meme hits like Painis Cupcake and Rubberfruit himself.
- The Soldier is voiced by Rick May.
- The Soldier and Engineer can be quite essentially the opposite or more of Antithesis of each other in many things, Engineer while is: from the southern part of USA, soft and intelligent, a creator, wearing a plastic hardhat and less mentally insane put do have Paranoid traits, the Soldier is exactly: from the northern part of USA, rough and belligerent ,a warrior, wearing a metal helmet and More-strongly mentally insane mostly thanks from Drink toxic water reveal in TF2 comic.
- His primary weapon is a rocket launcher, his secondary weapon is a shotgun, and his melee weapon is a shovel.
- The "Meet the Scout" video and "Righteous Bison" taunt implies he can juggle with explosives.
- The Soldier is similar to Charlie Hewitt from the Texas Chain Saw Massacre 2003 remake film as they are both psychotic soldiers armed with a shotgun, and they are both cannibals and serial killers.