The Smithy Gang is an evil organization that wants to conquer the world. Smithy is the leader and creator of the Smithy Gang. He is a giant mechanical monster with a hammer who makes several evil minions that resemble weapons. They appeared in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
One by one, all its main members were defeated by Mario, Mallow, Geno, Bowser, and Peach, until Smithy himself was defeated, and with him, what remained of the Smithy Gang was destroyed (evidenced by Exor dissolving into nothingness).
- Mack, a knife that led an army of Shysters to take over Mushroom Kingdom. He was destroyed in battle by Mario and Mallow.
- Bowyer, a bow that shot Aeros (his henchmen, which resemble arrows) at the inhabitants of Rose Town. He was destroyed in battle by Mario, Mallow, and Geno.
- Yaridovich, a spear, and Smithy's lieutenant, who imprisoned the inhabitants of Seaside Town and tricked Mario into getting a Star Piece for him, but was later destroyed in battle by Mario and his partners.
- The Axem Rangers, five colorcoded warriors with their own powers, and who like to strike poses. They also wield axes, and ride the ship, Blade. They were defeated by Mario and his parrtners, and were killed when Blade crashed.
- Exor, a giant sword that stabbed Bowser's castle, declaring it property of the Smithy Gang. He was defeated by Mario, Mallow, Geno, Bowser, and Peach, and dissolved into nothingness when Smithy was defeated.
- Count Down, a clock with devastating attacks, and two bells fighting alongside it and attacking separately. He was destroyed in battle by Mario and his partners.
- Cloaker, a jester who fights Mario, and, if his partner Domino is defeated first, fuses with his snake, Earth Link
- Domino, a jester who fights Mario, and, if his partner Cloaker is defeated first, fuses with his snake, Mad Adder
- Blade, a battleship that looks like a giant ax and has a massive energy cannon.
- Clerk, a weaker member of the Smithy Gang who has several hammer enemies working for him
- Manager, a weaker member of the Smithy Gang who has several hammer enemies working for him
- Director, a member of the Smithy Gang with lower HP but higher attack points, with bigger hammer enemies working for him
- Factory Chief, a member of the Smithy Gang and the one overseeing the construction of more minions. He has a machine named Gunyolk.
- Smithy, the leader of the Smithy Gang. He has several different forms, each with its own abilities. After a long and tiring battle, Mario, Mallow, Geno, Bowser, and Peach defeated him, and he was destroyed in a massive explosion.