|“||We live, we live, we live forever!||„|
|~ The Skeksis during the Great Conjunction.|
The Skeksis are part reptile, part predatory bird and part dragon.
When The Crystal (formerly known as the Crystal of Truth) cracked long, one of the two races born from the essence of the semi-devine race of creatures known as the UrSkeks, resulting from the split were the evil Skeksis, embodiments of the evil inside the UrSkeks. Possessing all of the negative attributes of society, and none of the positive ones, they live out a superficial existence of intrigue and plots against each other while struggling to retain their grip on the biodiverse planet Thra. They keep essence-drained Podlings as slaves, have their own personal army in the Garthim, and absolutely despise Gelflings, a race they thought they have completely exterminated.
There were originally eighteen Skeksis, but by the time of the Great Conjunction when they rejoined with their benevolent opposites, the Mystics, only eight remained.
Skeksis is both singular and plural, but the plural form is "Skeksès" (pronounced 'Skek-sees').
- SkekSo, the Emperor (Jerry Nelson)
- SkekZok, the Ritual-Master (Jerry Nelson)
- SkekUng, the Garthim-Master (Mike Killagriff)
- SkekSil, the Chamberlain (Barry Dennen)
- SkekTek, the Scientist (Steve Whitmire)
- SkekAyuk, the Gourmand (Thick Wilson)
- SkekNa, the Slave-Master (David Buck)
- SkekShod, the Treasurer (Charles Collingwood)
- SkekOk, the Scroll-Keeper (John Baddely)
- SkekEkt, the Ornamentalist (Brian Meehl)