|“||We live, we live, we live forever!||„|
|~ The Skeksis during the Great Conjunction.|
The Skeksis, also known as the "SkekSès" and "Skeksès", are an evil race of beings and they are the main antagonists in the 1982 dark-fantasy film The Dark Crstyal. They are the opposite of the gentle Mystics (known as the UrRus in the original story).
The Skeksis are part reptile, part predatory bird and part dragon.
When The Crystal (formerly known as the Crystal of Truth) cracked long, one of the two races born from the essence of the semi-devine race of creatures known as the UrSkeks, resulting from the split were the evil Skeksis, embodiments of the evil inside the UrSkeks. Possessing all of the negative attributes of society, and none of the positive ones, they live out a superficial existence of intrigue and plots against each other while struggling to retain their grip on the biodiverse planet Thra. They keep essence-drained Podlings as slaves, have their own personal army in the Garthim, and absolutely despise Gelflings, a race they thought they have completely exterminated.
There were originally eighteen Skeksis, but by the time of the Great Conjunction when they rejoined with their benevolent opposites, the Mystics, only eight remained.
Skeksis is both singular and plural, but the plural form is "Skeksès" (pronounced 'Skek-sees').
- SkekSo, the Emperor (voiced by Jerry Nelson)
- SkekZok, the Ritual-Master (voiced by Jerry Nelson)
- SkekUng, the Garthim-Master (voiced by Mike Killagriff)
- SkekSil, the Chamberlain (voiced by Barry Dennen)
- SkekTek, the Scientist (voiced by Steve Whitmire)
- SkekAyuk, the Gourmand (voiced by Thick Wilson)
- SkekNa, the Slave-Master (voiced by David Buck)
- SkekShod, the Treasurer (voiced by Charles Collingwood)
- SkekOk, the Scroll-Keeper (voiced by John Baddely)
- SkekEkt, the Ornamentalist (voiced by Brian Meehl)