The Serpentine are an enemy faction in LEGO's Ninjago theme, including sets, the cartoon, and other spinoffs. They were the primary enemies during Ninjago's 2012 run, replacing the Skulkin of 2011 and being replaced by the Stone Army in 2013.
As the name suggests, the Serpentine are an ancient race of reptilian humanoids who were once the dominant species of Ninjago. They warred with each other for centuries until the people of Ninjago rose up (likely with the aid of the First Spinjitzu Master) and locked them away in five separate tombs, one for each tribe (Hypnobrai, Fangpyre, Venomari, Constrictai, and Anacondrai). Centuries later, they were released by Lloyd Garmadon and Pythor.
The Serpentine have an undefined connection to the Great Devourer, worshipping it as an all-powerful god and ruler. They formerly believed that the Devourer could have been used as the ultimate weapon for ruling Ninjago and getting revenge on its current inhabitants, but they saw him failing.
- Hypnobrai - They are blue Serpentine with red eyes that are capable of hypnotizing anyone.
- Fangpyre - They are red Serpentine with venom that can turn any human or machine into living snakes.
- Venomari - They are green Serpentine with venom that can make their victims see allusions,
- Constrictai - They are black Serpentine that are capable of squeezing their victims and out of tight spaces.
- Anacondrai - They are purple Serpentine capable of turning invisible. They were once the most powerful Serpentine of all time but are now extinct.