Scratchy is a character from the hit animated sitcom The Simpsons, appearing in The Itchy and Scratchy Show.
He appears in cartoons with Itchy, who is a flat-out sadist. Scratchy - on the other hand - is shown to be good most of the time, but is constantly killed by Itchy.
However, there are occasional times where Scratchy stoops to Itchy's level of violence.
- Killer Instincts
- Various Weaponry
- Accident Prone Tendencies
- Advanced Strength & Speed
- Weaponry Expertise
- Explosives Expertise
- Nigh-immortality via Quick Regeneration
- The Terror of Tiny Toon - In this segment of Treehouse of Horror IV, he and Itchy attempt to kill Bart and Lisa after they enter their cartoon world, so as to "teach them a lesson".
- To Kill a Talking Bird - He gets involved with Itchy's plan to kill a duck in a movie theater for talking on his cell phone.
- Burning Down the Mouse - The only apparent time where Scratchy kills Itchy (by blowing him up with dynamite). However, the majority of the cartoon isn't seen because of the TV being unplugged.
- Itchy & Scratchy & Marge - After cartoonists animate Marge into a nagging squirrel, a cartoon is shown with Itchy hitting her head off with a baseball bat. Then he and Scratchy celebrate the death of the nagging squirrel.
- Scratchtasia - Appearing as a sorcerer in this musical, Itchy tries to kill Scratchy with an axe, but is later being chased by Scratchy cutting his body (and the little Itchys) until they were all pink powder and Scratchy dies after swallowing the powder.(The second time Scratchy kills Itchy.)
- A few unnamed cartoons (including his debut) he has attempted to catch/kill Itchy.
- In "Let them eat Scratchy" he chases Itchy.
- In the episode "Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie" a cartoon from the 1940s is shown where Itchy and Scratchy beat, kick and decapitate Hitler (he was chopped off by Itchy, though Scratchy was clearly the instigator in this short). Then Itchy chops off Scratchy's head and Franklin D. Roosevelt appears, kicking both Hitler and Scratchy in the butt.
- He is also the main villain in the Itchy and Scratchy game.
- "Dogday Hellody of 1933": A trial with Itchy as judge and a bunch of Scratchys as jurors is held against a dog, charged with crimes against other animals. Then Edward G. Robinson appears and shoots the dog with a machine gun, then Will Rogers hangs the dog with his lasso, then W. C. Fields appears to drink the dog's blood, after that Harpo Marx cut the dog's tongue and Bing Crosby appears and hits the dog with a bat, something the judge and the jurors all enjoy. This is one of the few episodes in which Scratchy doesn't die.
- Scratchy Couch Gag: The family comes home to see Scratchy lying down on the couch with Itchy about to decapitate him with an ax. Homer picks him up and throws him away, saving Scratchy's life. The family then lefts Scratchy stay with them and sit on the couch with them. Overtime, they do lots of things with him there, but Scratchy tends to get more and more intolerable as he keeps getting drunk on their couch, making messes, breaking furniture, and O.D.ing. This comes to the point where it has gotten out of hand and Homer brings Itchy back into their home to kill Scratchy. The couch gag then proceeds to the TV, giving the credits, where Scratchy's blood is seen splattering all over the screen.(The few times Itchy had to kill Scratchy with a reason.)