This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
Scott Shelby (also known as: The Origami Killer) is the true main antagonist of the interactive 2010 mystery-drama action-adventure video game Heavy Rain. He was one of the four protagonists and one of the playable characters only to be revealed as the true killer. In his past, he suffered from abuse by his father ,and when he was younger ,he served as US Marine and police officer, now, he operates as a private detective and a freelance serial killer.
The Origami Killer revealed
Near the end, The Origami Killer as a child is revealed to be Shelby himself. His real name is Scott Sheppard.
The reason he became the killer is because he has a bad childhood with an abusive father. One rainy night, while playing with his brother John in a construction site, he is trapped in a well, and Scott tries to get help from their father, but he had no desire to do so. His brother dies as a result.
After John's death Scott was taken into care and adopted by the Shelby family.
When Madison Paige comes to apartment to find Shaun Mars' location, Shelby puts her into gunpoint and traps her in his closet in order to kill her in the explosion of his apartment. It depends if she escapes or not.
Death (Player choice)
Ethan Mars goes to a warehouse to save Shaun, but Shelby appears and reveals that he is one of the witnesses who saw him jumping in front a car in an unsuccessful attempt to save his first son Jason from being killed by it. This is the reason why he became the Origami Killer, just to find a father who will give up his life for his own son. When Ethan demands Shaun to be released, Shelby let him do it, but attempts to kill him so that his identity as the killer will be protected. Norman Jayden arrives and fights Shelby in a conveyor belt. The fight results in the killer's death.
- Scott is similar to John Kramer from the Saw film series:
- Scott uses the name "John" as an alias (though this is much more coincidental, as it is a very common name, and was his brother's name).
- Both set up tests that would cause intense pain to see if the victims were willing to do what was necessary to save their own lives or the lives of their loved ones. Both even go as far as to make the person kill someone. However, it should be noted that Scott never actually forces his victims to take part in his tests, whereas Jigsaw does.
- Both used their police connections in some way to achieve their goals. Scott used his old police uniform, and Jigsaw had an apprentice who was a member of the police force.
- Both are incredibly intelligent. They never leave any clues, except for the ones they want to be found.
- Both have lost a family member. Scott lost his twin brother, and Kramer lost his unborn son.
- Both received their serial killer name from something left on or removed from the bodies of their victims. Scott left origami figures and Kramer removed pieces of skin in the shape of pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.
- Both own or use multiple properties, including abandoned factories or places they own or rent.
- However, a notable difference between the two is that Kramer has never personally killed anyone, whereas Scott has killed numerous people, both in self-defense and cold blood.