Scorpion (real name: MacDonald "Mac" Gargan) is a Marvel Comics supervillain that appears an an enemy of Spider-Man. He later becomes a member of the Thunderbolts, and is later exposed to a Symbiote and becomes the third Venom as well as the first villain to take on the Spider-Man Mantle when being part of the Dark Avengers.
MacDonald "Mac" Gargan was a Private Eye hired by J. Jonah Jameson to find out how Peter Parker gets good pictures of Spider-Man. After many failed attempts, Scorpion was given a costume with a tail that made him look like a scorpion. Known as The Scorpion, he became an enemy of Spider-Man.
Powers and Abilities
After subjected himself to specific mutation via serum based on scorpion DNA made by Dr. Stillwell, Mac Gargan gained powers of the said animal where changes on his physiology goes in the reminiscent way with Spider-Man's as both suffer no physical deformation in spite of their DNA enhanced by animal DNA that become source of their powers:
- Superhuman Strength: Mac Gargan possesses extreme superhuman strength due to his DNA infused with that of Scorpion's. So with that said, MacDonald, with his strength as the Scorpion, is able to lift approximately 15 tons, and as such, he can easily overpower humans, and can lift extremely heavy objects, uproot trees and use them as weapons. On several occasions, he has proven capable of even overpowering Spider-Man himself.
- Superhuman Speed: Due to genetic enhancement on his DNA, Gargan can run and or exercise as well as operate at superhuman speeds hence his overall body equilibrium is also heightened although he isn't nearly as fast as speedsters. With his speed, he can outrun vehicles.
- Superhuman Stamina: Gargan's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. Originally, he could exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue began to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: As Scorpion, Gargan had superhuman durability which also enhanced via his suit. The scorpion suit was capable of shiedling Gargan from bullets from small-arms weapons firing conventional ammunition. Gargan was also able to survive heavy impacts and blunt force trauma without sustaining injury.
- Superhuman Agility: With or without the symbiote, Gargan's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Gargan's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Wall Crawling: Gargan is capable of adhering to solid surfaces much like Spider-Man, though he typically punches holes in walls to use as hand-and-footholds for better grip.
- Mechanical Tail: Gargan's scorpion suit possesses a strong/powerful mechanical tail. At first, the tail was eqipped only with blunt tip, but after gained better version of the suit, he gained better mechanical tail models as well. The better tail model now equipped with a blade, energy blasters, and acid spray.