If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
The Scarlet King is a divine demon, untold amounts of eons old, whom the SCP Foundation keeps at bay via Procedure 110-Montauk. He is one of the most dangerous beings in the SCP-universe and is often considered as the Big Bad.
The Scarlet King was born with the planting of the Tree of Knowledge, called Khahrahk at the time. He was the smallest of his siblings, but the only one aware, and it brought him great pain. He decided that existence itself is painful and that he'd have no part in it, as well as destroying existence itself. He started by consuming his siblings and growing stronger on their essence.
He vowed to destroy the Tree, the Creator and Creation, and consumed or subjugated all the other gods, naming himself "King of the Darkness Below". He declared war on creation itself, one which will not end until the very end of everything. He took Sanaa, one of the gods he subjugated, forcibly as his wife and sired seven daughters on her. Sanaa died after birthing them, and the King took his seven daughters as his new brides, sealing them so they would not die as their mother had. From his seven bride-daughters he had seven children called Leviathans.
The Foundation was able to neutralise or destroy the first six, but the seventh—the strongest—had yet to be born. It resides in SCP-231 and is prevented from existing by using the Montauk Procedure.
The seventh daughter gave birth to SCP-999 after O5 ordered to stop Procedure 110-Montuak. O5 ordered the stopping of 110-Montuak to see what would happen, the result was SCP-999.
The Scarlet King's daughters are as follows: A'tivik, A'ghor, A'distat, A'zieb, A'nuht, A'tellif, and A'habbat.
Song from SCP-3838
- The Poem hints that instead of working against the Scarlet King, they may be unwittingly or even knowingly playing right into his hands. If this is true, that's presumably why in one canon, "New Job", the O5-Council decidd to stop the Protocol, which resulted in the birth of SCP-999. SCP-999 is described as a being that can cure depression and PTSD. As the the Scarlet King's background is tragic due to being born aware and possibly suffering from some sort of existental crisis, the O5-Council plans to defeat him "with light and love and laughter that can brighten the blackest of hearts".
- The Scarlet King is often theorized to possibly be the true or final stage of SCP-2317, an untold horror that even the SCP Foundation has difficulty containing and documenting. However, 2317's creator has confirmed that it and the Scarlet King are completely separate characters.
- He is the creator of SCP-682 and SCP-999.
- SCP-3806-A claims that Grand Karcist Ion and the Scarlet King are known to snath human souls in the astral plane.
- His followers, The Children of the Scarlett King, could possibly have a tie with Sarkicism, as their Rituals have some things in common such as human sacrifice, mutiliation, "sex magic", thaumaturgy and the overal worship of an higher being. The Foundation though never has discovered a proper connection.
- He is possibly based on Stephen King's Crimson King.
|SCP Foundation Villains|