|“||Better look sharp, yous mugs! Scarface is back!||„|
|~ Scarface in The New Batman Adventures|
Scarface is a villain from the Batman series. He isn't a human, but a puppet. He is being controlled by The Ventriloquist.
The Ventriloquist believes that the puppet controls him, because it is possessed by the souls that died beneath the tree from which he was made. Most people believe the Ventriloquist controls Scarface, and uses Scarface to commit his crimes.
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Scarface isn't an actual villain in the videogame Batman: Arkham Asylum. He can only be seen in the closet in the warden's office, and on the televisions. One of The Riddler's riddles revolves around him. He has an entry in the Character bios. His profile states: Gotham’s Blackgate Penitentiary once had a Gallows Tree from which 313 criminals with death sentence were hanged. The wood from that tree was whittled by an inmate into the puppet Scarface, and that inmate was murdered by Arnold Wesker, a man who soon fell under Scarface’s influence. While most believe that Scarface is simply a tool through which Wesker, as the criminal mastermind the Ventriloquist, acts out a dark side to his personality, Wesker himself believes that Scarface is possessed by the souls who died beneath the Gallows Tree, and the puppet actually motivates him to commit the duo’s many crimes.
- Real Name: Scarface
- Occupation: Professional Criminal
- Base of Operations: Gotham City
- Eyes: Black
- Hair: Black
- Height: 2 ft 6 in
- Weight: 15 lb
- First Appearance: Detective Comics #583 (February, 1988)
- Puppet animated with eerie verisimilitude by the Ventriloquist
- Frequently wields under-sized but lethal weaponry
- When teamed with the Ventriloquist, acts as an old-style mob boss, with a sociopathic disregard for human life
- He sometimes tries to kill the Ventriloquist despite the fact that killing the Ventriloquist will also kill Scarface himself.