Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||I didn't want this power so that I could fight witches. I wanted it so I could have the strength to do what's right and protect the ones I love. You get it? If there are people out there who are worse than witches, then I'm going to fight them. Especially if they're Magical Girls!||„|
|~ Sayaka Miki to Madoka Kaname|
Sayaka Miki is one of the main protagonists of the anime series Puella Magi Madoka Magica. She is in the same class as Madoka Kaname and Homura Akemi and the former's best friend since childhood. Despite being a protagonist, her pride and self-righteous desire to be better than other magical girls (whom she views as monsters who only use their powers for themselves) slowly but surely corrupts her, eventually leading her to become the witch Oktavia Von Seckendorff.
She is voiced by Eri Kitamura in the Japanese version and Sarah Williams in the English version.
Steps to becoming a witch
- Becoming a Magical Girl.
- Attempting to fight Kyoko Sakura despite the difference in their strength and rejecting Madoka's idea to work with her.
- Discovering that her soul is outside her body and that she's practically a zombie.
- Fighting a witch and giving the Grief Seed to Kyoko just so she wouldn't owe her anything, despite her being exhausted and using loads of magic.
- Losing Kyosuke Kamijou (the reason she became a Magical Girl in the first place) to Hitomi Shizuku.
- Falling into deep despair over all that's happened, wondering what she had really been fighting for.
- Sayaka's turn to the dark side can be seen as a foil to Kyoko's turn to the good side, which makes Sayaka's hatred of magical girls like Kyoko all the more ironic.