If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them, you pigs in human clothing!||„|
|~ Satsuki addressing the students of Honnōji Academy|
Originally the main antagonist for the first half of the series, she became a neutral character in episode 17, and briefly the main protagonist in episode 19-22, with Ragyo taking the role of the main antagonist since episode 17.
With her noble agenda revealed, Satsuki can be considered as anti-heroine of the series.
Satsuki is a tall (around 170 cm) woman for her age, and has pale skin, an angular face similar to her mother's, long dark blue tinted hair styled in a hime cut and blue eyes. Additionally, her eyebrows are rather thick, with Ryuko nicknaming her "caterpillar-eyebrowed bitch". As a child, her hair was long but slightly shorter during her teen years, but grew it out later on. By the end of the series, she cuts her long hair to shoulder-length bob cut.
Satsuki's personality could best be desribed as a combination of a dictator and a "chessmaster": prideful, intelligent, charismatic, pragmatic, determined, calculating, patient. She is also known for being unwavering and ruling with an iron fist. Satsuki justifies that the weak and foolish must be ruled. When fighting Ragyō, Satsuki noted that her willingness to fight her mother and the Life Fibers was due to revenge, noting that great causes are born from personal desires.
In spite of her domineering behavior at school, Satsuki is not a sociopath, unlike her mother. While very harsh and not very willing to tolerate failures, she does care a great deal for the Elite Four; and is as protective of them (in her own hidden ways) as they are to her, especially Nonon Jakuzure. Additionally, she genuinely loved her father and her sister, enough to avenge them by attacking the mother who disposed of them. Likewise, despite having a bitter, almost hatred-fueled rivalry with Ryūko for most of the series, Satsuki noticeably softens up to her when she learns that Ryūko is the sister she'd long believed to be dead.
Powers and Abilities
- Natural Capabilities
- Physical Prowess - Possessing superhuman physical strength, speed, endurance and reflexes, she is considered to the most poewrful fighter of Honnoji Academy. Her middle-school self had a fighting spirit that had the power of 500, and she was able to incapacitate Ira Gamagōri despite his superior size, age and with him wearing steel armor. Even with her hands restrained, she still had enough skill and power to kill multiple COVERS using only her two altered toenails.
- High Intelligence - Satuski is highly intelligent and manipulative, as seen by her plan to take down her mother and the various people she deceived and manipulated in the process. Likewise she demonstrated a strong sense of patience and willpower, to endure the capture and torture at the hands of her mother, while slowly planning an escape route and having the forethought to alter two of her toenails using the same material as her sword Bakuzan.
- False Toenails
- Satsuki also has two toenails made of the same material as the Bakuzan, which she can use just as effectively.
Former Powers and Abilities
- Kamui Junketsu
- Life Fiber Override
- Following her first clash with Ryūko, Satsuki donned the Kamui Junketsu and was able to force the blood-thirsty uniform to bow to her will. Her utter lack of shame at her appearance also allowed her to immediately attain Junketsu's Life Fiber Override and true form. Under Junketsu's power, Satsuki is granted incredible power, and even the smallest of attacks are capable of causing exceptional devastation. She is also capable of altering her Kamui's shape, as seen when she altered one of her shoulder guards into a drill to attack Ryūko. However, due to her inability to overcome the human race's resistance to the Life Fibers, she is unable to fully synchronize with her Junketsu, thus being shy of its full power and capabilities, while exerting greater pressure and fatigue on her body.
- After Ryūko rips off Junketsu and being freed of Ragyō's mind control, Satsuki has Junketsu modified, such that it is infused with Ryūko's and Mako's blood, as well as the Senketsu's fibers, to tailor it to her needs. As a result, Junketsu now gains access to Senketsu's alternate forms while placing much less stress on her body.
- Kamui Senketsu
- Life Fiber Synchronize – After Ryūko is brainwashed by Ragyō and forced to don Junketsu, Satsuki wears Senketsu to fight Ryūko. She states that even though Senketsu may dislike her, only she and him can stop her. While transformed, Satsuki is shown to be able to use all of Senketsu's alternate forms such as Senketsu Senjin and Senketsu Shippu, although not at their full power.
- Secret Sword Bakuzan - Satsuki is a master swordsman who wields the Bakuzan, a black-bladed katana in a white sheath with an edge that is claimed to be keener than Ryūko's Scissor Blade, and was powerful enough to damage a transformed kamui. In spite of its durability and power, it could not withstand the pressure of Ragyō's fist and was broken in two.
- Bakuzan Gako and Bakuzan Kōryu - Consisting of a wakizashi and tanto, repsecitvely, these two blades were forged from Bakuzan's shards after the sword got broken in half by Ragyo, and were are given to Nonon and Ira Gamagōri respectively. Bakuzan Kōryu is then passed onto Uzu, as Gamagōri claims that he is more proficient with blades. Both blades are returned to her by Sanageyama and Jakuzure. Now holding two blades, their effect is the same as the twin Scissor Blades, being that they are now dual-wieldable. Satsuki's skill with these blades is extensive and adaptable, as she has gone toe-to-toe against various other sword wielding opponents.
|“||Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!||„|
|~ Upon donning Junketsu for the first time.|
|“||Ragyō Kiryūin. You'll pay for taking the life of my father, Sōichirō Kiryūin, and for the life of my baby sister!||„|
|~ When challenging Ragyō Kiryūin.|
|“||To unleash the most power, this is the form a Kamui must take! You cling to the pure tannical views of the masses, proving just how inferior you are! But I won't be ashamed, if it means I can fulfill my ambitions, I will bare my breasts for all to see! I will do whatever it takes! For I know that my actions are utterly pure!||„|
|~ To Ryūko, explaining that she's not embarrassed to wear a Kamui.|