Sadao Maō, originally known as Overlord Satan Jacob on Enta Isla, is a demon lord who ends up in Tokyo, Japan on Earth. He tries to make a living while trying to find a way back to Enta Isla. While his role was usually tha of a villain during his time in Ente Isla, he has steadily progressed into heroism since living on Earth. This is shown in such acts like saving people from being killed by an earthquake, protecting the city from either demons or renegade angels, as well as trying to save Chiho and Emi.
Nothing is really known about Sadao Maou's past. Apart from the fact that he ruled over the land of Ente Isla with four of his war generals, Adramelech , Lucifer , Alsiel and Malacoda . And that he was eventually forced to retreat to Earth due to the inteference of Emilia and the resisting human armies. It is revealed in the light novels that he once was a lowly foot soldier in the Demon armies until he was rescued by Emi Yusa's Angel mother; who preceded to train him in politics and strategy unaware of the consequences of her actions, specifically giving rise to the current demon lord.
His initial appearance was a very tall, dark haired demon lord with a cape to match his position. He seems to have had long, unkempt nails and hair.
A fellow part-time co-worker at MgRonald's. The two are on extremely good terms
Powers and Abilities
- Hypnosis/Mind Control: He has the power to mentally influence someone as well as gather information from their minds.
- Physical Transformation: During the battle with Lucifer, Sadao underwent a drastic change in his physical appearance. He gained an extremely robust body, due to the return of his power.
- Combat Magic: : As shown during his fight with Lucifer, by combining dark magic and his augmented physical strength, he performed a nuclear-scale finishing punch. Combat MagicAdded by Akemiii Gravity ManipulationAdded by Akemiii
- Gravity Manipulation/Object Manipulation/Telekinesis: Sadao's strength or possibly telekinetic poweris capable of lifting an entire road highway and keeping it a float for a large amount of time.
- Teleportation: Using his magical energy, he is able to perfrom short-term teleportation. If there are any limitations placed on his ability, they are unknown.
- Illusion Magic/Shapeshifting: During his battle with Sariel, Sadao briefly took the form of Chiho to take him by surprise when Sariel thought to use Chiho as a human shield against him.
- Forcefield Creation: Sadao created one to protect him, Emilia and Ashiya from Lucifer's energy barrage.
- Magical Transference: Sadao transferred magic to Ashiya in order help him recover from his injuries. It is unknown if this ability is only limited to demons, or if he can transfer magic to other creatures as well.
- Unnamed magic: During his fight against Lucifer and Olba, Sadao made Olba lose consciousness by simply looking at him. It also seemed to inflict damage, as Olba was heard grunting in pain before losing his conciousness. The details of this magic are still largely unknown.
- Demonic Sword: During his fight with archangel Sariel, Sadao was able to transform an ordinary broom into a great demonic sword using magic, and used it to instantly defeat Sariel in one blow, whilst destroying half the city in the process.
- Restoration: As shown after his battles with both Lucifer and Sariel, he has the power to repair any form of collateral damage, no matter how great, at the expense of a large amount, if not all of, his magic.
Maou possesses genius-level intelligence, perfect memory/recall, and a limitless capacity for learning. He was able to piece events together and deduce a logical and correct conclusion with relative ease, such as when he figured out Lucifer's motivations for the mugging incidents around the neighborhood to accumulate power without much information. The best example of his intelligence is how he was able to nearly conquer Ente Isla, with the education and knowledge he learned and memorized 300 years prior to the story (which was a feat unrivaled by any in history).
His mind works in the same way as a hypercomputer with unlimited storage capacity, only much faster. He is able to perform an unlimited amount of mental functions at once without losing focus on any of them. He can instantly recall specific information with incredible speed and accuracy. He's able to store everything that he experiences in a photographic memory and retrieve it immediately without the typical pause for thought. The sheer speed of his thoughts lead augment his analytic ability so that he is able to make snap decisions about his surroundings and create complex scenarios at that same speed. As such, Sadou is able to track the probability of an event by piecing together stored data.
Sadou is able to perform multiple tasks at once by allocating a partition of his brain to each task. For example, he can use his mind to replay a movie he had watched previously, play a game of chess, figure out the best way to improve McRonald’s and make plans on conquering Ente Isle without any one task distracting her from another.
This intelligence also expands to his exceptional leadership and adaptability. His overwhelming charm, charisma and eloquence allows him to attract all kinds of demons, enemies, and people to work together and follow him, or make friends on Earth. He also has exceptional tactical, political, diplomatic, observational, deductive, analytical, calculative, and economic skills. These skills make it easy for him to naturally attract, gather, produce and control any and all resources, as well enable him to be able to intuitively utilize them to the best possible level to reach his goal, allowing him to succeed in any situation (from winning battles, governing his empire, to winning games, improving MgRonald). His intelligence remains the same regardless of his form.
- On Earth he owns a bike he named "Dullahan" it's name came from the Irish mythology about a headless rider with a black horse and carries his/her head under one arm.
- Satan is primarily understood as an "accuser" or "adversary" in the Hebrew Bible, and is not necessarily the personification of evil that he would become in later Abrahamic.