This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||It would be very easy to make your death look like a suicide. Don't ever cross me again.||„|
|~ Ryoba Aishi|
Ryoba Aishi is a minor character in Yandere Simulator. She is Yandere-chan's mother and wife of Yandere-chan's father. She will be protagonist of the 1980 Mode and she is also, a girl from the Basement Tapes and mentioned by a Journalist in Mysterious Tapes. She went to America to chase him, together with her husband, so she is absent in the Story Mode, but she might call Ayano every Saturday just to check on her dear daughter. It's entirely probable that she would mail useful gifts to her daughter, but this would only happen on "Easy Mode". It's very likely that she would drop hints about how to achieve the game's True Ending in each weekly phone call. It is also planned for her to appear in one of the endings of Story Mode, and in a post-credits sequence.
Ryoba Aishi is the mother of Ayano Aishi, the protagonist of Yandere Simulator. Ryoba attended the same school as her daughter in the late 80s. She has lived in the same neighborhood for her entire life. She is a cheerful and friendly woman who seems to get along very well with everyone in her neighborhood, although nobody seems to know very much about her, not even her next-door neighbors. She is a very private woman who never talks about herself, and never divulges many details about her occupation...but she's always willing to talk for hours about her husband and how much she adores him.
Ryoba just like her daughter is Yandere, but on the official site her personality is "Lovesick". This is most likely related to the fact that YandereDev is planning to change the name of the game from Yandere Simulator to Lovesick: Yandere Simulator, because simulator games are usually fun, and wants Yan Sim to be taken seriously. Interestingly, the word "Yandere" is derived from the combination of the words Yan, which means mental illness, and Dere means to show positive feelings such as love, so theoretically, the word "Lovesick" can be considered an English translation of the word "Yandere". Ryoba inherited this personality after her mother, Ayano grandmother, and then passed it on to her daughter.
The appearance of Ryoba hairstyle will be depend on the appearance of Yandere-chan's hairstyle, specifically from what player will customization her. To the haircut that the placeholder of Yandere-chan currently has, Ryoba will have black hair, tied into a long ponytail and black eyes.
She wears dark purple t-shirt and dark blue jeans. At home, she also has a light purple apron and purple slippers.
Is currently unknown, how will she look like in this mode, but propably, she will have the same hairstyle like in Story mode and wears the same uniform as her daughter.
Ryoba was born in 1972, and her mother then, was probably about 19 years old. Before Ryoba encountering her senpai, she was the same as her daughter. She had no emotions, even when she was a baby herself.
In 1989, Ryoba was 17 years old and was in the second year at the Akademi High School. There, she met Yandere-chan's father, her future husband, and Senpai. It is not entirely clear why Ryoba was attached to him, as he mentions on the first Basement Tape, "They never spoken to each other", and he was not even sure, what her name was, but probably she came into physical contact with him, because that's why their daughter was attached to her Senpai. She also met then, her first rival, so in order to eliminateher, she crouched on her in a girls' bathroom, on the second floor, and then killed her, with a knife.
Probably she burned evidence of her guilt, like uniform and weapon, but she didn't get rid of corpse, so it was found and investigated the murder. For the next weeks, she eliminated her next rivals, by another ways in order to not make the same mistake. As revealed by a series of tapes, her activities - using manipulation, intimidation, and sometimes even violence to bring about the disappearances and expulsions of her upperclassman's admirers, but she didn't know that, she was constantly being watched by a journalist who had taken it upon himself to investigate the murder when the police were forbidden from conducting a formal investigation. Probably after the elimination of her last rival, she was arrested and accused of committing numerous crimes, but was able to not only deflect the charges but sway public opinion in her favor by playing the part of an innocent girl being stalked and falsely accused. Ryoba used the court case to simultaneously become a media darling and irreparably ruin the Journalist's reputation, and after she was acquitted of all charges she cornered the Journalist and warned him to never cross her again, as it would be too easy to make his death seem like a suicide. After that, Ryoba abducted her upperclassman, tied him to a chair, and forced him into a relationship with her, revealing that her mother had done the same to her own crush, implying that she was a "Yandere" too.
After more than a decade since the events of April 1989, Ryoba giving birth to her first and only child - Ayano.
In spite of 30 years, Ryoba never moved out of her home town or resigned from being a murderer. Journalist, who decided to take revenge on her discovered her, stalking a young woman fresh out of high school. Realizing the Journalist had returned, Ryoba lured him into an alleyway and ambushed him. After this he fled Japan and left for America. Ryoba and her husband then packed their bags and went to America as well to hunt down the Journalist. In Basement Tape #10 Ryoba mentions her and her husband's work, and in her description is mentioned that she "never divulges many details about her occupation". YandereDev confirmed that her job is related to the game's lore and he hope to drop some hints about this very soon.
- Her name - "Ryoba" came from the Japanese translation of the word "Matron" - Ryōbo (jap. 寮母). YandereDev changed her name to "Ryoba" because it sound more feminine. Also, the word "Double-edged" in Japanese translation is Ryōba (jap. 両刃) what could be related to her personality.
- Her voice actress is Michaela Laws, the same voice actress as Yandere-chan.
- In the third part of the old intro, Info-chan said "So, history is repeating itself?" and in the fourth part "It is in your blood, after all.", which probably related to the history of Ryoba.
- YandereDev has not decided if Ryoba will have any siblings.
- The first Basement Tape may have implied that Ryoba raped her husband. When asked about this on Twitter, YandereDev said that he would like to address this issue with a tape so it would not be spoiled on Twitter.
- There might be a specific cutscene between Ryoba and Yandere-chan if the latter uses pacifist methods in eliminating her rivals.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/621143959121735680
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/yandere_simulator/comments/5ijpww/just_a_thought_would_ayano_inform_her_parents/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/664972220523933696
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/727980286978314240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/655829675076292608
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/667601289568645121
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/663036462334541825
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/663601592705290240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/631699285927575552
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/641813698256900096
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/636236584342327296
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/652644205857083392
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/657601525070467072
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/662564064346832897
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/658936030523863040
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/655600677209534464
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/666748003424714752