|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||It would be very easy to make your death look like a suicide. Don't ever cross me again.||„|
|~ Ryoba Aishi|
Ryoba Aishi is the Greater-Scope Villain of Yandere Simulator, and a minor character in it's main storyline. She is Yandere-chan's mother and wife of Yandere-chan's father. She will be the main protagonist of the 1980 Mode and she is also the girl from the Basement Tapes, and was mentioned by a Journalist in the Mysterious Tapes. She went to America to chase him, together with her husband, and, as a result, she is absent in the Story Mode, but she might call Ayano every Saturday just to check on her dear daughter. It's entirely probable that she would mail useful gifts to her daughter, but this would only happen on "Easy Mode". It's very likely that she would drop hints about how to achieve the game's True Ending in each weekly phone call. It is also planned for her to appear in one of the endings of Story Mode, and in a post-credits sequence.
Ryoba Aishi is the mother of Ayano Aishi, the protagonist of Yandere Simulator. Ryoba attended the same school as her daughter in the late 80s. She has lived in the same neighborhood for her entire life. She is a cheerful and friendly woman who seems to get along very well with everyone in her neighborhood, although nobody seems to know very much about her, not even her next-door neighbors. She is a very private woman who never talks about herself, and never divulges many details about her occupation...but she's always willing to talk for hours about her husband and how much she adores him.
Ryoba, just like her daughter, is a Yandere, but on the official site her personality is "Lovesick". Like all women in her bloodline, Ryoba was born emotionless until she met her Senpai, Ayano's father. This is most likely related to the fact that YandereDev is planning to change the name of the game from Yandere Simulator to Lovesick: Yandere Simulator, because simulator games are usually fun, and wants Yandere Simulator to be taken seriously. Interestingly, the word "Yandere" is derived from the combination of the words Yan, which means mental illness, and Dere means to show positive feelings such as love, so theoretically, the word "Lovesick" can be considered an English translation of the word "Yandere". Ryoba inherited this personality from her mother, Ayano's grandmother, and then passed it on to her daughter.
The appearance of Ryoba hairstyle will be depend on the appearance of Yandere-chan's hairstyle, specifically from what player will customization her. To the haircut that the placeholder of Yandere-chan currently has, Ryoba will have black hair, tied into a long ponytail and black eyes.
She wears dark purple t-shirt and dark blue jeans. At home, she also has a light purple apron and purple slippers.
Is currently unknown, how will she look like in this mode, but propably, she will have the same hairstyle like in Story mode and wears the same uniform as her daughter.
Ryoba was born in 1972, and her mother then, was probably about 19 years old. Before Ryoba encountered her senpai, she was the same as her daughter. She had no emotions, even when she was a baby herself.
In 1989, Ryoba was 17 years old and was a second-year student attending Akademi High School. There, she met Yandere-chan's father, her future husband, and Senpai. It is not entirely clear why Ryoba was attached to him, as he mentions on the first Basement Tape that they "never spoke to each other", and he was not even sure what her name was, but she most likely came into physical contact with him, similar to how their daughter was attached to her Senpai. During her time as one of Akademi's students, she killed one of her rivals with a knife in the third floor's girls' restroom, whose ghost would become the Phantom Girl, haunting the location of her death.
As revealed by a series of tapes, her activities - using manipulation, intimidation, and sometimes even violence to bring about the disappearances and expulsions of her upperclassman's admirers - though she was unaware that she was constantly being watched by a journalist who had taken it upon himself to investigate the murder when the police were forbidden from conducting a formal investigation. Presumably after the elimination of her last rival, she was arrested and accused of committing numerous crimes, but was able to not only deflect the charges but sway public opinion in her favor by playing the part of an innocent girl being stalked and falsely accused. Ryoba used the court case to simultaneously become a media darling and irreparably ruin the Journalist's reputation, and after she was acquitted of all charges she cornered the Journalist and warned him to never cross her again, as it would be too easy to make his death seem like a suicide. After that, Ryoba abducted her upperclassman, tied him to a chair, and forced him into a relationship with her, revealing that her mother had done the same to her own crush, implying that she was a "Yandere" too.
After more than a decade since the events of April 1989, Ryoba giving birth to her first and only child - Ayano.
In spite of 30 years, Ryoba never moved out of her home town or resigned from being a murderer. Journalist, who decided to take revenge on her discovered her, stalking a young woman fresh out of high school. Realizing the Journalist had returned, Ryoba lured him into an alleyway and ambushed him. After this he fled Japan and left for America. Ryoba and her husband then packed their bags and went to America as well to hunt down the Journalist. In Basement Tape #10 Ryoba mentions her and her husband's work, and in her description is mentioned that she "never divulges many details about her occupation". YandereDev confirmed that her job is related to the game's lore and he hope to drop some hints about this very soon.
- Her name - "Ryoba" came from the Japanese translation of the word "Matron" - Ryōbo (jap. 寮母). YandereDev changed her name to "Ryoba" because it sound more feminine. Also, the word "Double-edged" in Japanese translation is Ryōba (jap. 両刃) what could be related to her personality.
- Her voice actress is Michaela Laws, the same voice actress as Yandere-chan.
- In the third part of the old intro, Info-chan said "So, history is repeating itself?" and in the fourth part "It is in your blood, after all.", which probably related to the history of Ryoba.
- YandereDev has not decided if Ryoba will have any siblings.
- The first Basement Tape may have implied that Ryoba raped her husband. When asked about this on Twitter, YandereDev said that he would like to address this issue with a tape so it would not be spoiled on Twitter.
- There might be a specific cutscene between Ryoba and Yandere-chan if the latter uses pacifist methods in eliminating her rivals.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/621143959121735680
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/yandere_simulator/comments/5ijpww/just_a_thought_would_ayano_inform_her_parents/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/664972220523933696
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/727980286978314240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/655829675076292608
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/667601289568645121
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/663036462334541825
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/663601592705290240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/631699285927575552
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/636236584342327296
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/652644205857083392
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/657601525070467072
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/662564064346832897
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/658936030523863040
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/655600677209534464
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YandereDev/status/666748003424714752