- "It's only funny if it happens to someone else!"
- —Richard Watterson
Richard Watterson is a character from The Amazing World Of Gumball.
He is the father of Gumball and Anais. While normally portrayed as a hero, he is considered as a lazy slob and a bad role model for his children. He has done quite a few antagonistic acts in the show.
- One of the best examples was in the episode The Laziest, when he tricked Gumball and Darwin into taking out the garbage and challenges them to a laziness contest. He cheats by makes the two look lazy in front of their mother, getting them to do chores. He even makes an evil grin in this episode.
- In The Spoon, he forgets to buy a gift for Nicole, so he sends Gumball and Darwin to the convenience store to buy something.
- In The Prank, He, Gumball, and Darwin, pull harmful pranks on each other. This gets out of hand when he fills a bucket with cement (almost crushing Gumball) and then maniacally chases Gumball and Darwin, destroying much of the house.
- In The Refund, he tries to help Gumball and Darwin get a refund for a video game. However, he does so by stealing money from the cash register. He then tells Gumball and Darwin "You know very well I can't be trusted!".
- In The Wand, he goes berserk with power from thinking a toy wand was really magical. He casts "spells" on his neighbors and makes Gumball and Darwin to do ridiculous things to themselves.
- In The Helmet, he becomes obsessed with a lucky hat. He tricks Nicole into getting the wrong item so he could use it to win a game show. He, Nicole, and Gumball later fight over the hat.
- It is shown in The Job that he almost destroyed the universe by getting a job (as a pizza delivery guy). A family picture is shown with him having red eyes and a crack in a statue of the earth where he is pointing, indicating something ominous. To a minor extent, he eats part of the pizzas he is supposed to deliver in attempts to eat free pizza.