|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
|“||See I'd spent my entire career up at Hyperion, So. I suppose that makes me one of the bad guys in this story, And Handsome Jack. He was the baddest guy of them all, And i wanted to be just like him.||„|
|~ Rhys talking about his past|
Rhys is one of the two main protagonists in Tales From The Borderlands. Depending on the choices that the player made in the game, Rhys can be portrayed as a lovable idiot, or a greedy self centered corrupt official that would be willing to do anything for power.
Like Fiona, Rhys is one of the two of the point of view characters in Tales From The Borderlands.
Depending on how the player desides to play the game, Rhys can be played as a man that cares about no one but himself and takes all credit from other people hard work when they help him, even if they sacrificed a lot to help Rhys become closer to his own goals in life. Rhys would also be willing to sell out his closest friends and blame them for a crime they didn't commit if it benefited his own goals or just to gain money.
Rhys is also an xenophobe that views the citizens of pandora as simple minded low lives that is can just bully and talk down to anytime he feels like it. During battles Rhys loves to use his overpowered machines to srike terror in the hearts of his enemies.
Even if the player does not play Rhys as an antagonist, Rhys has shown many villainous traits such as being smug towards lower class people, having an highly arrogant personality, trash talking people around him, lying to people to gain power, and stealing from others.
Rhys has two nemesis within the game, one is Handsome Jack AI Rhys is the only person that can see the new Jack and he's aware of the fact he wants to kill him and his friends to take the Vault for himself, The other person is Hugo Vasquez who is now the boss of Rhys and he uses his power to humiliate Rhys.
Depending on the player choices in the game, Rhys can be capable of many evil and selfish acts that will result in a character getting hurt emotionally or physically and thus resulting the relationship between Rhys and the hurt character being tarnished.
Episode One: Zer0 Sum
- Not giving credit to Vaughn for his hard work. (Determined)
- Degrading Rudiger with insults. (Determined)
- Blown up loader bot. (Determined)
- Trying to steal Fiona's vehicle.
- Being rude towards Sasha. (Determined)
- Taking Hugo Vasquez's offer to let Vaughn take the fall for the vault key incident. (Determined)
Episode Two: Atlas Mugged
- Trusted Handsome Jack AI. (Determined)
Episode Three: Catch a Ride
- Ignored Vaughn's complaint about the dance club (Determined)
Episode Four: Escape Plan Bravo
- Took control of Hyperion. (Determined)
Episode Five: The Vault Of the Traveler
- Left Yvette to die in the cell (Determined)
- Let Yvette slip into space causing her to suffocate in space.
- Imprisoned the A.I of Handsome Jack, Leaving Handsome Jack still Alive.
- Rhys looks similar to Handsome Jack, both have the same hairstyle, and the same facial features.
- Rhys often strikes the same pose as Handsome Jack, more often than he realize.
- Rhys is the first character introduced in Tales From The Borderlands.
- Rhys has a bionic right arm and a bionic left eye, both made by Hyperion.
- Before Rhys got his job at Hyperion as a child he made his own business cards.
- The name Rhys means "fierce warrior" which is ironic considering the fact Rhys is a total coward and an incompetent fighter.
- Rhys was originally voiced by Samuel Witwer in the demo but in the finished product he was cut out of the lead role for unknown reasons.