Queen Sectonia is the tyrannical and oppressive ruler of Floralia who serves as the true main antagonist of Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
Queen Sectonia was once a just and kind ruler of Floralia and a close friend of her right-hand man Taranza, who eventually came across a mirror which he then presented to her. She soon became obsessed with both the Mirror itself and her own beauty and vanity. Little did she know that Dark Meta Knight was the master of the Dimension Mirror and was casting a negative influence on her. She eventually used her newfound dark magic (presumably obtained through Dark Meta Knight's manipulation) to transform herself into a giant bee, seeing her new form as true beauty. The more evil Dark Meta Knight fed her through the mirror, the worse she became towards Taranza and her citizens. She eventually tried to rule over Floralia's inhabitants as their goddess and began imprisoning them to serve her. As a last ditch effort to save their world, the People of the Sky sent the Dreamstalk seed down to Dream Land in the hopes that it would reach its hero to rescue them. Sectonia became aware of this and sent Taranza to intervene but he captured Dreamland's self-proclaimed king, Dedede, on accident and Kirby went on in hot pursuit to rescue him.
Sectonia is not present for most of the story and is shown in the end of the game though her influence is evident by various tapestries and statues in her image found throughout the Royal Road levels.
Kirby finally catches up to Taranza and finally confronts him only for the mage to sic a mind-controlled Dedede on him. After Kirby defeats him, Taranza comes to the shocking conclusion that the hero of Dreamland is actually Kirby. Out of fear, he beckons for Sectonia to come and save him. The moment she appears, Sectonia blasts Taranza with one of her scepters which sends him across the horizon. She then confronts Kirby until he soundly defeats her and rescues Dedede. Not finished with the hero, she summons her last bit of strength and merges her body with the Dreamstalk and announces to the both Kirby and Dedede that she is going to uses Popstar as sustenance for all eternity and that they should feel lucky. She then summons a wall of vines to prevent the two from coming near her. Fortunately, six People of the Sky come to the rescue with a cannon which Dedede mans and fires Kirby towards the direction of Sectonia.
Kirby lands on a group of platforms, prepares to battle Sectonia in her new and defeats her for a second time. He celebrates all but prematurely as Sectonia constricts him with her vine. At that moment, Taranza flies in with Dedede who rescues Kirby by smashing Sectonia's vine with his hammer and releasing Kirby from her grasp (while also knocking Kirby senseless in the process). Taranza approaches with a Miracle Fruit while Dedede tosses a still unconscious Kirby towards causing Kirby to go into his Hypernova form. Kirby fights Sectonia for a third time and she goes all out with several attacks including a barrage of small and large seed missiles. When none of these attacks manage to faze Kirby, Sectonia absorbs some energy and fires a large energy beam at Kirby. He retaliates by sucking up the energy beam, several of Sectonia's petals and (breaking the fourth wall) her energy bar. When their eyes become deadlocked, Kirby fires the energy beam back at Sectonia, destroying her and and freeing the People of the Sky from her reign of tyranny.
Queen Sectonia appears in the form "Soul of Sectonia" as the final boss of the True Arena.
Four Miracle Fruits floating in the air were quickly eaten by Sectonia's flower pods which were in turn eaten by barely-alive Sectonia herself albeit slightly decayed. Newly-revived, she attacks Kirby with some new and improved attacks. Though the put up a strong fight, Kirby still wound soundly defeating her. This last defeat had pushed Sectonia over the edge and she ripped herself from the rest of her flower body and proceeded to engage the pink fluff in yet another final battle. She gained some new attacks including thorn vines which lock onto Kirby's position to strike Kirby's position along with some borrowed ones such as Drawcia's paint rain attack and Marx's Cutter attack. Kirby finally puts an end to the tyrannical queen in a brilliant explosion of indigo petals.
These events may be non-canon to the main story; some believe they are canon and that Sectonia had barely clung to life after her fight in the game, and thus, her true death is in the True Arena.
Kirby: Planet Robobot
A clone of Sectonia was created during the events of "Meta Knightmare Returns". This enemy served as the second-to-final boss in the sub-game, as well as returning in "The True Arena".
- While there is no mention of what her species is, Sectonia seems to be based on bees and wasps.
- There have been several mentions of Taranza being friends with Sectonia before she began her thirst for power but seems to be a nothing more of a servant to her. It's interesting to note that Taranza is based on a spider. In real-life, certain species of wasps have been known to prey on spiders.
- Sectonia is the third female final boss after Grill and Drawcia respectively. She is also the only female villain in the series to not be based on a witch or sorceress. However, she does seemingly have some form of magic attacks.
- Her Soul of Sectonia form borrows several attacks from past Soul bosses including Marx's Cutter attack and several of Drawicia's including bouncing around the screen as a giant ball and hurtling towards Kirby as a flaming orb.
- This form is also to date the only Soul boss to use the word "soul" in front of the bosses name as opposed to following it.
- Sectonia has four musical themes, the most of any Kirby boss to date.
- While most Kirby bosses's themes were represented by symbols of death and destruction, Sectonia's were birth and rejuvenation and were more elegant and vivid.
- She along with Drawcia, Marx, Marx Soul and Necrodeus are the the only final bosses that laugh during battle.
- Sectonia's voice actor is Makiko Omoto who, strangely enough, also voices Kirby.
- Sectonia is one of the most evil villains of the series, although it is worth noting that very few Kirby villains have any characterization.
- Despite being very evil and the true main antagonist of the game, she is still extremely tragic and her evil is not her doing so much as it was Dark Meta Knight manipulating her through the Dimension Mirror.
- It is unclear whether the Soul of Sectonia fight is canon, given that it's part of a sub game involving upgraded versions of the bosses that does not seem to be set in the game's story. It could be that it was a "what-if" scenario for if she suddenly returned after the final battle (in a style that other final bosses have), and that she was destroyed when Kirby shot her beam back at her.