|“||Genocide...it happens now and then.||„|
|~ Pyriel, to Danyael Rosales|
Pyriel, also known as the Angel of Genocide, is the main antagonist of The Prophecy III: The Ascent, the third installment of The Prophecy film series.
He is portrayed by Scott Cleverdon.
Pyriel (also called "the White Sepulcher" and "the next God") is an angel who plans to eliminate all of humankind and start anew. For most of The Ascent, he appears mostly in visions experienced by Danyael Rosales (the offspring of Valerie Rosales, a human woman, and the angel Danyael); in these flashes, Pyriel is seen standing atop a large pile of writhing human corpses.
Pyriel finally appears near the end, when Danyael finds his bones in the middle of the desert. Pyriel's symbol lights up, and Pyriel himself manifests in physical form. Pyriel explains his plans to Danyael before engaging the Nephilim in a fight. Pyriel attempts to gouge out Danyael's eyes, but Danyael manages to drive Zophiel's staff weapon through his chest. A bolt of lightning then strikes Pyriel, who falls to his knees. Danyael steps forward, opens the staff's blades, and tears out Pyriel's heart. Pyriel screams out in pain and falls into the pile of screaming human spirits seen earlier.
Powers and Abilities
- Immortality: Pyriel, like all celestial creatures of Heaven, exists outside of time and is not subject to death. His body does not physically age.
- Invulnerability: Pyriel's body cannot be harmed or experience pain.
- Super Strength: Pyriel possesses the increased physical strength of angels while in a physical form.
- Super Speed: Pyriel can move faster than the human eye can see.
- Teleportation: He can travel from Heaven to Earth and back again at will.
|“||The child of divine fornication.||„|
|~ Pyriel greeting Danyael|
|“||Turn away, Nephilim!||„|
|~ Pyriel, to Danyael|
- His name is also the alias of the angel Puriel.