|“||A toast! To the death of Allinol and alternative fuel forever!"||„|
|~ Zundapp to his minions|
|“||Allinol must be finished for good! McQueen cannot win the last race! Lightning McQueen...must be killed!'||„|
|~ Professor Z plotting to kill McQueen at the final race in London.|
Professor Wolfgang Otto Zündapp (or Professor Z for short) is the secondary antagonist of Pixar's 12th full-length animated feature film Cars 2. He is the co-leader of the Lemon Cars, and the right-hand of Sir Miles Axlerod.
He was voiced by Thomas Kretschmann who also played Wolfgang von Strucker in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Z's first name is Wolfgang and he is voiced by Thomas Krestchmann, who actually portrayed the MCU Villain and HYDRA Leader and Scientist, Baron Wolfgang von Strucker.
- Professor Z's name is from the German company Zündapp, a major motorcycle manufacturer.
- In Cars 2: The Video Game, although Miles Axlerod, Professor Z, Grem, and Acer are bad guys, they are playable characters.
- If the player chooses to play a Survival mission and plays as Professor Z, there will be two Professor Zs, since the real professor appears in a helicopter controlling the electromagnetic radiation beam.
- Professor Z is thought to be the main antagonist early on, but when Sir Miles Axlerod's evil plot is exposed, it turns out that Professor Z is actually the secondary antagonist since Axlerod had bigger plans, and he is Z and the Lemons' boss. However, Professor Z is the Heavy and the one who drives the plot, while Axlerod is the Big Bad, the one behind the plot.
- Professor Z is similar to Randall Boggs as both were thought to be the main antagonists, but are revealed to actually be the secondary antagonists. Both also prove to be the Heavy, other than the main antagonists themselves being the Big Bads (Professor Z being the Heavy, other than Sir Miles Axlerod being the Big Bad, and Randall Boggs being The Heavy, other than Henry J. Waternoose III being the Big Bad) and they also drive the plot of the story.
- The digits on his license plate are spelled out "BAD GA 58", meaning "bad gas".