|“||Ah, Mr. Goof. This is Principal Mazur. I'm calling in regard to your son, Maximilian. No, Mr. Goof, he's in trouble! Dressed like a gang member. Your son caused the entire student body to break into a riotous frenzy! If I were you, Mr. Goof, I'd seriously re-evaluate the way you're raising your child before he ENDS UP IN THE ELECTRIC CHAIR!||„|
|~ Mazur's threat to Goofy|
Role in the film
He makes his first appearance during the song sequence, After Today. Max accidentally bumps into him, and he threatens to suspend him.
Later, during the end of school assembly, the student body president, Stacy, is giving a speech to the students. The students are shown to be excited, but they grow silent as Mazur comes on stage to give his speech. Mazur begins giving a speech on ways to spend summer vacation, most of which include school work. The boring speech causes most of the school to fall asleep. As he is speaking, a trap door, opened by Bobby, causes Mazur to disappear. While he is gone, Max, along with his friends Bobby and P.J, put on a concert while Max dresses as the rock star Powerline. However, Mazur returns and reveals Max's identity to the school.
The three boys are sent to Mazur's office. P.J. meets with him first, and though the punishment is not stated, P.J.'s expression implies that it is bad. Mazur then calls in Bobby. Meanwhile, Max's crush Roxanne stops to talk with him, and Max successfully asks her out on a date. Her acceptance excites Max so much, that he starts dancing with Principal Mazur's secretary. At that moment, Mazur comes out of his office, and assuming the worst, orders the secretary to contact Max's father Goofy. Mazur then has a conversation with Goofy.
The insane principal makes the matter sound far worse than it really was, such as implying that Max was dressed like a gang member, and he told Goofy that his son was causing an entire student's body to break into a riotous frenzy, but Goofy is convinced and scared to death about his son Max. And to make matters even more worse, Mazur told Goofy that he needs to reavaluate the way he was raising Max before he would end up in the electric chair. Goofy was horrified to hear from Mazur. After this, Mazur is not seen again for the rest of the film. This incited Goofy to take Max on a road trip, so that they can bond.
- He was later mentioned by Goofy to Max after they fall into the river.
- Since Max and his father Goofy manage to bond at the end of the film, it is possible that he got arrested for lying to Goofy about his son and threating him about Max ending up in the Electric Chair.
- He was voiced by Wallace Shawn, who also voiced Taotie and Vizzini.
- He is similar to Gilbert Huph from Disney and Pixar's The Incredibles. Both are neutral, they are the secondary antagonists in both films, and they were voiced by Wallace Shawn.
- He might halved possibly expelled Max after he warns Goofy to redeem his son before he would end up in the electric chair.
- He did not appear in House of Mouse.
- His first name is Arthur.