|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
President Skroob is the secondary, later true main antagonist in the spoof movie Spaceballs. He is the President and supreme ruler of Planet Spaceball. He is a parody version of Emperor Palpatine.
He was portrayed by Mel Brooks, who also portrayed Yogurt and directed the film itself.
When President Skroob found out Planet Spaceballs is slowly losing air, both Skroob and Dark Helmet devise a scheme to suck the air out of the planet, Druidia.
He's not the brightest president there is, in fact Dark Helmet said that even do succeed the air wouldn't last 100 years. His combination on his luggage was 1,2,3,4,5, (which is the same combination to open the air shield.)
- President Skroob was portrayed by comedic actor/director Mel Brooks who also the benevolent alien sage Yogurt in the film.
- President Skroob is similar to roles Mel Brooks played in his other films, like Governor LePetomaine in Blazing Saddles and King Louis in History of the World Part I, in that they are all incompetent leaders/rulers more interested in sex and pleasure than doing their jobs.
- President Skroob's last name is an anagram of Mel Brooks' last name.
- His role in the film is similar to Darth Sidious from the Star Wars franchise, which Spaceballs parodies.
- Skroob's hairstyle is based on Ronald Reagan's. This may be a reference to Reagan's environmental policies (Skroob has destroyed his world's air supply), or it may simply be because Reagan was president when the film was made.