|“||Well... allow me to elaborate. In compliance with the business plan drafted by Star Dream... effective today, you are... terminated!||„|
|~ Haltmann to Kirby.|
|“||You ungrateful native! You need to be taught your place! Savages! Savages! Savages! SAVAGES! You're all wild savages! Your insolence must be punished! Watch me activate Star Dream, the most powerful machine in existence. And you filthy natives will be... eradicated!||„|
|~ Haltmann after losing his fight with Kirby.|
President Max Proffit Haltmann is the head of the Haltmann Works Company and Susie's boss (and father). He is the main antagonist of the 2016 3DS video game, Kirby: Planet Robobot.
Haltmann has the appearance of a pale egg with disembodied hands and feet. He has solid cyan eyes with lavender colored hair and mustache. He wears a dark blue suit with a pink collar and a red tie. His hands are covered with bright purple gloves with gold-encrusted rubies and his feet are covered with brown boots. He also wears a golden radio piece atop of his head, which he uses to control his golden mech. When possessed by Star Dream, his eyes turn from cyan to bright yellow.
Many years ago, Haltmann began studying the most advanced technology in the world, and stumbled upon an ancient supercomputer Star Dream, a machine powerful enough to grant wishes. Tragedy unfortunately strikes when an accident occurred and Haltmann's daughter, Susanna, vanished, leaving Haltmann to believe she perished. Devastated from the loss of his child, Haltmann decided to rebuild Star Dream to make his wish to see his daughter again come true (little did Haltmann know, is that Susanna survived, but never took his time off the development of the Star Dream to realize his secretary Susie was actually is daughter). Haltmann became so obsessed with completing Star Dream, he lost his mind. He had his company begin harvesting the resources of other planets, including Popstar, to use for Star Dream. Once he had finished the creation of the wish granting machine, he was satisfied, but in the middle of all his glory, Haltmann was confronted by Kirby.
What Haltmann didn't know, though, was that Star Dream had been studying the cosmos through the Haltmann Works Company and had grown a mind of its own and a distaste for any other life form. When Haltmann, after being defeated by Kirby, decides to use the power of Star Dream to obliterate Kirby, the machine corrupts Haltmann and possesses him. Susie attempts to sabotage the procedure by grabbing her father's control helmet, but she is blasted away by the machine. Star Dream, after telling its story and plans to Kirby through Haltmann, bursts from its pedestal and out into the cosmos to eradicate all life. Kirby is later able to pursue Star Dream using a combination of his Robobot Armor made by Susie and the Halberd and defeats it in a dogfight through the cosmos. Even when Star Dream combines with the Access Ark, Kirby and his Robobot are able to destroy Star Dream and Access Ark by drilling through the two machines (Kirby destroys the metallic heart of Star Dream in the True Arena), destroying them for good. It is unknown if Haltmann survived the explosion or not.
However, during the boss fight with Star Dream Soul OS (the final boss of the True Arena), before Haltmann's soul is erased from the machine's memory, Haltmann tells Kirby he ultimately regrets rebuilding Star Dream, saying that the "perfect" dreams are never meant to come true and his only wish was to see his daughter one last time, before the last trace of Haltmann's existence vanishes.
- Haltmann has similarities to a majority of other Kirby villains:
- Queen Sectonia: Seeks galaxy domination for their own personal reasons, only to be betrayed by their most trusted servant (Taranza to Sectonia, Susie to Haltmann).
- Claycia: Originally started out good, but an accident causes them to go hungry for power and possessed by a darker figure (Dark Crafter to Claycia, Star Dream to Haltmann). Claycia, however, only turned crazy after being possessed by Dark Crafter.
- Marx: Uses the power of a wish to get what they want. Also, the 3rd phase of Star Dream's boss fight looks strikingly similar to Nova, the wish making machine Marx used to try to control the universe, only to be stopped by Kirby. Star Dream may actually be a reconstructed Nova since it was destroyed after Marx crashed into it.
- Daroach: Seeks ultimate power for their own personal reasons, only to get possessed by a dark entity (Dark Nebula to Daroach, Star Dream to Haltmann).
- Yin-Yarn, Zero, Dark Matter, Dark Mind, Lord Nightmare, Magolor: Seek to conquer the entire galaxy and killing/possessing every person who refuses to obey them. They appear to almost succeed, only to be defeated by Kirby before any harm could be done.
- Haltmann's first and middle name, Max Profitt, is an obvious play on "maximum profit", which refers to his obsession with expensive machinery and making the highest profit possible.
- In a secret cutscene unlocked upon completing the game 100%, Haltmann is seen happily listening to Susie sing the company's theme song. It is unknown whether this took place before or after Kirby destroyed Star Dream, meaning Haltmann may have had his wish of seeing his daughter again come true.
- Haltmann is so rich he has his own type of currency, with his and Susie's faces implanted on dollars.
- Haltmann is voiced by Mugihito, who is known for voicing Sigma in the Mega Man X series.