If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Life is a party.||„|
Pinkamena (the psychotic split-personality of Pinkie Pie) is the primary antagonist of "Cupcakes", an infamous My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fan-fiction by Sergeant Sprinkles turned meme, which depicts Pinkie as a serial killer. It likely began as a "troll-pasta" on one of the /x/ threads but became far, far more effective than its original creator had imagined.
Cupcakes is a dark gore parody of Pinkie X Rainbow Dash shipping fics. The story is centered around Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, who decide to meet at Pinkie’s house to bake some cupcakes (in reference to Pinkie’s “cupcakes” song in an episode). Upon arriving at Pinkie’s, however, she realizes she will be part of the recipe, when Pinkie puts her to sleep and later wakes up in a basement tied to a stack of planks with a leather strap.
The room shows lots of corpses and flesh from other ponies, and Pinkie wears a dress made out of skins, Pegasus wings and cutie marks. Pinkie goes onto tell Dash that she needs more “special ingredient” for her cupcakes, informing her that her “number came up”, and proceeds to cut her cutie mark and wings, followed by her internal organs and skull, at one point, even causing her to urinate. Extremely painful for Dash, but a normal day for Pinkie. She constantly makes jokes as she dismembers her body, like how glad she was to finally have a friend helping her, yet disappointed about her reaction and lack of toughness in dealing with the situation.
She soon cuts Rainbow Dash's body in half and glosses her teeth with Rainbow's guts. Rainbow Dash soon dies. Pinkie had no time to wait to make cupcakes. After all, she was having an old friend for dinner.
In the MLP FiM Season 1 Episode 25 (Party of One) Pinkie goes mildly insane when she thinks her friends are disloyal and don't like her anymore, temporarily becoming asocial and unhappy - she even starts talking to inanimate objects. When assuming this personality, her poof mane deflates. In subsequent episode "Cutie Mark Chronicles", "Pinkamena Diane Pie" is revealed to be Pinkie's real canonical name, which she nowadays doesn't use, preferring the shortened "Pinkie Pie".
Since she used this name before becoming the cheerful Pinkie Pie she is today, fans adopted it to refer to Pinkie's sad, humorless side with deflated hair. This personality has been associated with any non-canonical portrayal of a mentally ill, murderous and torture-loving of Pinkie Pie. However, the real canonical version of "Pinkamena" from the TV show is not murderous or cruel, let alone violent, and also never referred as "Pinkamena", which is just Pinkie's full name.
Even though the Pinkie in Cupcakes is cheerful and is never referred to as Pinkamena (the fanfic was written before Party of One and Cutie Mark Chronicles), many fans have since then taken to call any evil version of Pinkie "Pinkamena", be it the cheerful psycho of Cupcakes or the dark asocial pony from other fanfiction works, videos, and fanarts. Still others profess only deflated-hair Pinkie should be called Pinkamena, leading to much confusion.
In Other Media
Pinkamena is a popular villain in many unofficial "fan works" some of which have gained sufficient notoriety to be mentioned on this wiki, especially those that have been launched on the popular Tumblr site: each depiction is different and many different artists have taken their turn in creating a new edge on the Pinkamena myths.
- While fans always associate the dark and depressed Pinkamena personality to the fanfic Cupcakes, in reality the Pinkie in the story was the usual happy and cheerful self, only revealing to Dash her true deranged and deluded nature she just kept hidden from her friends.
- Pinkie Pie is not the only killer in Cupcakes, as a "shock ending": Apple Bloom is revealed as a killer-in-training under Pinkie Pie's "care", preparing to make cupcakes out of Silver Spoon.
- During the Cupackes story, Pinkie revealed to Dash that she kidnapped Gilda outside Sugarcube Corner, when the Gilda left the party, and later killed her to make cupcakes. How could she possibily manage to take a strong and flying griffon was never explained and this was negatively criticized by some fans as an excuse from the author to simply kill Gilda horribly.
- The scene with her dress could also be a homage to the infamous Buffalo Bill killer - who also wore his victim's skin.
- There's a fan game called Pinkamena, on the mafia-style. She replaces the Serial Killer role on usual games.
- It is unknown why Pinkie Pie kills her friends, though it's possible that it was an act of revenge, or some kind of nightmare. It all depends and varies from the kind of fan portrayals.
- A video game called Pinkie Pie's Cupcake Party was made, themed after Pinkamena. In the game, she brings the ponies to her house for a cupcake party, but drugs them all and locks them in her dungeon. She chases Twilight Sparkle with a knife several times, and can be heard laughing hysterically if the player dies.