If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Patrick was a deeply disturbed young man who fell under the illusion that he was the only real human being in the world. He expresses this delusion when he kills his baby brother, Avery, at the age of 5 out of the fear of being replaced.
He was also deeply sadistic as he kept the corpses of animals he killed in his secret refrigerator down at the Junkyard. When Patrick and the Bowers Gang leave after a fight with the Losers Club, he gives Henry Bowers a handjob and offers to give him oral sex, to which Henry replies by punching him in the face. Henry then threatens to tell the police about Patrick's "secret fridge", out of fear that Patrick might tell his friends. So Patrick goes down to the junkyard to dispose of the animals, but is killed by IT in the form of flying leeches, his worst fear.
Patrick was a very disturbed psychopath who had a solipistic view on the world and believes himself to be the only "real" being, considering everything except him to not be real, explaining why he doesn't feel fear or pain: how can you feel pain or be scared if nothing is real. However if Patrick thinks "real" doesn't exists he does think that there are "rules" that shouldn't be broken. For him, it's not breaking the rules, the bad thing, it's being caught doing it.
He is also a sexual sadist who draw excitation from torturing and killing animals and insects. He would also frequently attempt to touch girl's hairs and private area, and perform pervert acts such as masturbating Henry or sucking his penis.
His report cards show him as being an apathetic student, and though his IQ tests show him to have an intelligence slightly under the average, he is described as "far more clever than his lackluster IQ results indicated".
- Patrick is considered to be the cruelest and evilest member of the Bowers Gang. Even the gang's leader, Henry Bowers, who is already a murderous sociopath himself, has shown to have disgust for Patrick and his actions. He is even sometimes called "Pennywise Jr." by fans.
- Henry's sociopathy is the result of his father's abuse and violent personality, he is also driven by rage rather than cruelty. Patrick, on the other hand, is a psychopathic sexual sadist who enjoys causing chaos for absolutely no reason other than his own amusement and pleasure.
- If that wasn't enough, despite being only a kid, he is often considered Stephen King's sickest character by fans.
- It's implied in the book that It uses his powers to prevent people from finding Patrick's fridge and thus to have him arrested.
- Patrick seems to fit two of the three criteria of the Macdonald triad (three traits shared by 95% of all serial killers), "cruelty to animals" being the most obvious and "arson" is implied when Patrick seems to be hypnotized by the flame of a lighter.
- In the same chapter that explores the character of Patrick, Beverly, who is hiding in a car, is tortured by her bladder. Ironically "Enuresis" is the third criteria of the triad.