Overloard is only seen when joins up with the other Constructicons to form Devastator. He was later killed along with the other Constructicons when a rail gun hits him as Devastator's lower torso.
- Overload, alongside with Hightower, was originally supposed to transform into their robot mode in the movie, however this was not use as there was no more space for the movie & his supposed vehicle mode was then shown as one of Devastator's parts.
- However, their robot modes are shown in the toys.
- In other versions outside the movie series, both Constructicons are Autobots.
- In many other Transformers franchises outside the movie, most likely the G1 comics & Armada, Overload is an Autobot who transforms into a truck with trailer & is portrayed with little personality.
- It can be easily hinted that he was supposed to be named Mudflap, as the latter was actually portrayed in the original series as a Decepticon who transforms into a crane, particularly Transformers Cybertron, but the name was change since the name "Overload" sounds more villainous & the name Mudflap was instead used as one of the twins' name in the live action movie.
- Ironic enough, his working design bears the same color scheme as his Armada counterpart.
- Overload however made appearances in the comic adaptations of Revenge of the Fallen.
- Overload forming Devastator's waist is a reference to Long Haul's original ability to form the said part.
|Transformers Cinematic Universe Villains|