Overload is an unused villain in the movie Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. He is seen when the Constructicons form Devastator. He never transforms into robot mode and is killed when a gun hits him as Devastator's lower torso.
- Overload, alongside with Hightower, was originally supposed to transform into their robot mode in the movie, however this was not use as there was no more space for the movie & his supposed vehicle mode was then shown as one of Devastator's parts.
- However, their robot modes are shown in the toys.
- In other versions outside the movie series, both Constructicons are Autobots.
- In many other Transformers franchises outside the movie, most likely the G1 comics & Armada, Overload is an Autobot who transforms into a truck with trailer & is portrayed with little personality.
- It can be easily hinted that he was supposed to be named Mudflap, as the latter was actually portrayed in the original series as a Decepticon who transforms into a crane, particularly Transformers Cybertron, but the name was change since the name "Overload" sounds more villainous & the name Mudflap was instead used as one of the twins' name in the live action movie.
- Ironic enough, his working design bears the same color scheme as his Armada counterpart.
- Overload however made appearances in the comic adaptations of Revenge of the Fallen.
- Overload forming Devastator's waist is a reference to Long Haul's original ability to form the said part.