|“||Looks like I've failed in my negotiations. Now I've got to use brute force, it seems. You'll regret turning down my offer!!||„|
|~ Ophiuca to Omega-Xis.|
Ophiuca is a major antagonist in the Mega Man Star Force series. Ophiuca is one of the FM-ians that attacked the space station and for the disappearance Kelvin Stelar, the father of the protagonist Geo Stelar.
She was voiced by Dorothy Elias-Fahn in the English dub and voiced by Kaoru Morota in the Japanese of the anime.
In the game, when Luna's parents heard the involvements about the FM-ians attacked Echo Ridge, they wanted transfer Luna to private school. Luna overhear this, causing her to tear up, and keeps this away from Geo and the others.
When Geo and Sonia arrive at the mall, Luna sees them and started to get jealous of them. While Luna follows them to the jungle exhibit, her parents appear and confronted by them. Luna then ran off and approached by Ophiuca. Ophiuca tells Luna that she'll make her parents pay. Ophiuca invade and merges Luna's heart and both of them became Queen Ophiuca.
Ophiuca then hold both Luna's parents hostage and demanding Omega-Xis to give her the Andromeda Key to "use its power together". But she was then defeat by Mega Man. However, Omega-Xis didn't finished her off. But later, she was killed by Gemini on a whim.
In the anime, Ophiuca takes the opportunity to take over Luna's body due to luna's love for Mega Man and jealousy of Harp Note. They EM Wave Change and fight against Mega Man. However, Luna hasn't lost her love Mega Man even when transformed, and trying to embrace him during battle (in somewhat violent way). After the battle, Luna turns back to normal and Ophiuca develops the ability to EM Wave Change with a device that Cygnus obtains and becomes Queen Ophuica to battle.
Later, Ophiuca takes on the form of W Luna while gathering minus energy to recreate the Andromeda Key. During this time, Ophiuca often bickered with other FM-ians over how to spend money, and she herself also developed a love of shopping. Eventually, Ophiuca is deleted by Gemini Spark in order to fill the Andromeda Key.
Powers and ABILITIES
- Super Armour: Queen Ophiuca cannot flinch.
- Snake Legion: Queen Ophiuca sends snakes down all three columns at different intervals. The snakes can be blocked or destroyed. In the anime she can also summon snakes of different colors.
- Quick Serpent: Queen Ophiuca will dash down two adjacent columns. This attack cannot be blocked.
- Gorgon Eye: Queen Ophiuca fires a laser down her column, paralyzing the player if it connects. This attack cannot be blocked, and it pierces invisibility in the second game. She usually follows up with another attack, mostly Quick Serpent.
- Ophiuca was based off of Ophiuchus, which is one of the 13 constellations that crosses the ecliptic. In astrology, Ophiuchus is considered the 13th sign of the zodiac.