Over time a great tree grew over Oberon and gave birth to the elf's darkest dreams, corrupting Evernight Forest and transforming it into a nightmare - although far from heroic the Overlord would prove to be the one who would put an end to this by killing Oberon.
During the fight it is revealed that Oberon has fused with the tree itself, becoming a horrific monster - driven mad by his centuries of nightmares he brings to life his nightmares: despite all this the elf is still slain in the end.
- His name came from Oberon a fictional character who is the king of the fairies in medieval and Renaissance literature. He is best known as a character in William Shakespeare's play, A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Out of the Seven Heroes, Oberon is the only one who is regretful of his actions.
- Also out of the Seven Heroes, he tried to help the Overlord instead of leaving him for dead.
- Like all of the seven heroes, he represents one of the seven deadly sins, in this case sloth.
- The seven heroes are also a parody of a typical fantasy-rpg-party, with Oberon being the elf.