|“||"Greetings, creatures of this planet, I've come to compete. So you pesky earthlings like to race, eh, hehehehe. Well I, Nitros Oxide, am the fastest racer in the galaxy. I travel the stars looking for creatures to test my skills. It's a little game I call Survival of the Fastest. Here's the way we play: I challenge the best driver of your world to a race for the planet. If your driver wins I'll leave your miserable little rock alone. But if I win I'll turn your entire globe into a concrete parking lot and make you my slaves. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Get ready to race for the fate of your planet!"||„|
|~ Nitros Oxide threatens the Earth.|
Nitros Oxide is the main antagonist of the 1999 racing game Crash Team Racing. He is an alien who challenges Crash Bandicoot, plus his friends and foes, to a racing tournament. If Oxide wins, he plans to enslave the planet's population and turn the entire planet itself into a concrete parking lot.
Crash Team Racing
In order for the player to race Nitros Oxide, they must first gather four keys to unlock the entrance to his spaceship. If Oxide lost the race, he'll challenge the player to obtain all the relics before racing him again. In a race, Oxide does not play fairly - he starts racing before the green light goes off and also barrages the player with beakers, TNT crates, Nitro crates, and bombs. When he loses, he does admitt defeat, and says he is embrassed, but tell the inhabidants of earth that before you can say your the fastest, you need to collect all of his time relics, and race him again. When the player obtains all of the relics, and beats him in a race again, he admits defeat, and says he has to go back to Gasmoxia a "complete loser". He says that he never wants to come back again.
Crash Nitro Kart
- His name "Nitros Oxide" is a pun on his reputation as a racer.
- In Crash Nitro Kart his name is misspelled "Nitrous Oxide".
- In Crash Nitro Kart and Crash Twinsanity Oxide's head is way smaller than his previous appearances.
- According to Oxide, he is the reason why there's no life on Mars. He raced against the inhabitants of Mars before he raced Earth and Mars lost, leaving it as a desolate, barren planet (this is said in scrapped dialogue).
- If Oxide falls off the track in Crash Team Racing, he is helped by Uka Uka, who should ironically be against him.
- In Crash Team Racing, Nitros Oxide has maxed out stats, but in Crash Nitro Kart, he doesn't have the maxed out state, probably because he's using a kart, not a hovercraft (and because he is not as important a character to the story). This is supported by one of Oxide's own quotes in CNK where he states that his kart is "Not bad for primitive technology."
- Oxide was originally another evil scientist with a more standard human appearance. During development, the story was that he was trying to make the world faster and faster until the end of time, because of his obsession with speed. While further details about the original story are scarce, an old comic suggests Oxide would use a machine called the X Device.
- In the cancelled game Cortex Chaos, Oxide was going to appear as Dr. N. Oxide along with N. Trance, N. Gin, N. Brio and many other new evil scientists in the league of mad scientists that was supposed to kick out Cortex from the group and have his rival N. Tropy as their new leader.
|Crash Bandicoot Villains|