Nina Patterson is an antagonist in the first season of the MTV series Scream.
She is portrayed by Bella Thorne.
Nina was the cruelest mean-girl George Washington High School has ever seen. She’s blackmailed her peers, her teachers, her advisors and really anyone who has a lot of money or secrets to hide. Her accomplices in her schemes have included jocks like; her ex-boyfriend Tyler O'Neill, Jake Fitzgerald, and Will Belmont.
Nina’s not in favor of collecting a wide group of friends. She prefers loyal followers or those less fortunate to act as her friends.
She was brutally murdered by Piper Shaw.
In front of the Patterson house, Nina sits in the passenger seat, while her ex-boyfriend, Tyler, sat in the driver's side. Nina announced excitedly, glad her plan was going well. Nina rejects Tyler from coming inside her house.
After Nina changes into a bikini, she receives numerous Snapchat images of herself and threatening texts from Tyler's phone. After relaxing in the hot tub, Nina witnesses Tyler's severed head in the water. A panicked Nina tries going inside her house, but the doors are all locked. She gets horizontally slashed across the back and has her throat slit with a hunting knife by a Killer. Nina gets thrown into the swimming pool.
Rich and sociopathic, Nina is a typical snob who boasts about her expensive designer clothing and state-of-the-art wealthiness for her style. She is inwardly mentally unstable. Reasons for filming her cynical schemes might be so Nina can relive the moment later for her own personal pleasure, or maybe she can make money from selling them to Lakewood's government officials, and blackmailing them.
- Secretly filming and leaking the video of Audrey Jensen and Rachel Murray kissing online.
- Ringleader of operating a lucrative blackmail business where she filmed various people.
- Betting Will that he couldn't sleep with Emma and then having it filmed (Freshmen Year).
- Having an affair with Will, who was her best friends boyfriend.
- While Piper Shaw is the main antagonist, driving the horror half of the story, Nina provides the conflict for the drama part of the story.
- Considered to be cruel, vindictive and petty.
- Nina was the first on-screen victim to die.