Nina Patterson is the secondary antagonist in the first season of the MTV series Scream.
She is portrayed by Bella Thorne.
This is not the first time Bella Thorne has not been a mean-girl. Another mean-girl she played was Madison from The Duff.
Nina, otherwise known as Lakewood's notorious “Mean Queen” is considered; the cruelest mean-girl George Washington High School’s ever seen. She’s blackmailed her peers, her teachers, her advisors and really anyone who has a lot of money or secrets to hide. Her accomplices in her schemes have included jocks like; her ex-boyfriend Tyler O'Neill, Jake Fitzgerald, and Will Belmont. Nina’s not in favor of collecting a wide group of friends. She prefers loyal followers or those less fortunate to act as her friends.
In front of the Patterson house, Nina sits in the passenger seat, while her ex-boyfriend, Tyler, sat in the driver's side. Nina announced excitedly, glad her plan was going well. Nina rejects Tyler from coming inside her house.
After Nina changes into a bikini, she receives numerous Snapchat images of herself and threatening texts from Tyler's phone. After relaxing in the hot tub, Nina witnesses Tyler's severed head in the water. A panicked Nina tries going inside her house, but the doors are all locked. She gets horizontally slashed across the back and has her throat slit with a hunting knife by a Killer. Nina gets thrown into the swimming pool.
- Secretly filming and leaking the video of Audrey Jensen and Rachel Murray kissing online.
- Ringleader of operating a lucrative blackmail business where she filmed various people.
- Betting Will that he couldn't sleep with Emma and then having it filmed (Freshmen Year).
- Having an affair with Will, who was her best friends boyfriend.
- While Piper Shaw is the main antagonist, driving the horror half of the story, Nina provides the conflict for the drama part of the story.
- She is similar to Chris Hargensen from Stephen King's Carrie.
- She is similar to Madison Morgan from The DUFF.
- She is similar to Alison DiLaurentis from Pretty Little Liars.
- One of the directors of the show, Brian Dannelly, confirmed to a fan via Instagram DM that Piper Shaw was her killer.
- Piper decided to kill Nina out of jealousy because Kieran Wilcox, Piper's lover, witnessed KIeran leaving a bar with Nina prior to the night before Nina's murder.