|“||The last thing you will ever see is my power over His.||„|
|~ Nicolae Carpathia to Gerald Fitzhugh, claiming he will defeat Jesus Christ.|
Nicolae Jetty Carpathia, also known as the Antichrist, is a fictional character and the secondary antagonist in the Left Behind book series. He was originally introduced as the main antagonist, but he was revealed to be merely a bit player to Satan who is the book series' true main antagonist.
He has also appeared in the live action films being portrayed by Gordon Currie and Randy LaHaye.
Being born as a result of the genetically engineered Project People's Victory, Carpathia possessed many desirable traits, and was extremely handsome and dashing; poercingly blue eyes and blonde, like the original Romanians. He was extremely tall, with broad shoulders, as well as a thick, muscular chest.
He was the dictatorial leader of the so-called "Global Community", and was an adversary to Jesus Christ and his followers. He was born in the town of Cluj somewhere in the European country of Romania. His creation was the result of a genetic engineering and artificial insemination. The followers of Satan later convince a woman that her baby would change the world. Carpathia later went out in the wilderness, but in a reverse of Christ's temptation, he goes with the temptations. He was later assassinated, and Satan takes over his body, thus making it appear that Nicolae was arisen. He later established his own religion called "Carpathianism". In his final appearance, he is defeated, and is thrown into the Lake of Fire. As Satan was being thrown into the Lake, Carpathia could be heard repeatedly shouting: "JESUS IS LORD!" in anguish.
- Nicolae shares several similarities with Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars.
- Both are power hungry manipulative egomaniacs who wished to rule the world.
- Both murdered their family as teens
- Both were mentored by someone they brushed off at their death (darth plagueis and Viv Ivins, however Sidious killed Plagueis while Viv died of hail, which Nicolae showed no grief for).
- Both create massive authoritarian empires (Galactic Empire and Global Community).
- Both have officials who preside over their empire (Mas Amedda and Leon Fortunato).
- Nicolae splitting himself apart is very similar to Palpatines clones from Dark Empire.
- Both orchestrated conflicts and wars to put themselves in power (Clone Wars and World War 3).
- Both fought against resistance movements (Tribulation force and Rebel Alliance).