|“||But let's have some fun first. Let's see who runs and who dies.||„|
He is voiced by Jeff Nimoy.
He has short, brown hair with a ponytail at the back, and wears black robes. He has pale blue eyes.
Unlike Gennai, Dark Gennai is dark, cruel, and sadistic. Dark Gennai openly enjoys the suffering of others as seeen when he laughs at Meiko while she was in despair.
He is loyal to King Drasil, is more of a malicious sociopath who believes the Digimon are being enslaved by humans and oversees the plan of using Meicoomon to destroy the humans with their world absorbed into the Digtial World.
The Mysterious Man, disguised as Ken, observes an attack by the Infected Digimon Ogremon on Primary Village. Later, at the Tsukishima General High School festival, he is spotted by Maki Himekawa, who is surprised to see "Ken". He then abducts Meicoomon, where the DigiDestined identify him as Ken, then retreats back into the Digital Dimension. When followed by Leomon, Gomamon, and Palmon, he infects Leomon and sends Infected Imperialdramon to attack the two Rookies. After Imperialdramon Fighter Mode's defeat by Rosemon and Vikemon, he releases Meicoomon and vanishes.
Later, after the DigiDestined return to the rebooted Digital World, he watches as they reunite with their Partners. He them comments to Himekawa about how it is such "a deeply emotional reunion" and reveals his Gennai-like form to her.
Afterwards, he attacks Sora, Biyomon, and Meicoomon. He reveals that the reboot was all part of King Drasil's plot where humans and Digimon can no longer interact with anyone. Then he unleashes a revived Machinedramon and MetalSeadramon on the Digi-Destined. Machinedramon and MetalSeadramon fail miserably when they are defeated by Hououmon, HerculesKabuterimon, and Seraphimon. The Mysterious Man later attacks Meiko Mochizuki, cause Meicoomon digivolve into Meicrackmon in fury and Mysterious Man laughing for his enjoyment of her suffering.
He watch Kari talk to Homeostasis. Later, Kari fall in despair thought her brother, Tai was dies, fissure opens which results in Tai and Daigo's disappearance.
He says about the more is honest and delicate, the more fragile and easily broken she is.
- "Ken is just one of many forms I can take in your world."
- "Humans and Digimon should have never met up in the first place. You've done nothing but interfere with their lives from the very beginning!"
- "When Homeostasis chose you instead of honoring them and helping them, you enslaved them."
- "Then when the infection began and you started losing control, you did just what King Drasil wanted, and you performed the reboot!"
- "It's your constant fear of death that makes you this way."
- "The Digimon on the other hand, are eternal. In the form of Digi-Eggs, they can always be reborn."
- "Well, if they're not contaminated by your human world."
- "If a Digimon's life ends in the human world, it can never reincarnate. How sad."
- "All Digimon died on the other side can be reincarnated. Now, at last, the Digimon are ready to take over the human world."
- "She's the key to eradicating you all."
- "One thing I've learned is that Digimon can digivolve by other means than a Digivice. Another way is to use shear anger."
- "And what could make Meicoomon more furious than having to watch her human partner suffer?"
- "That's it, Meicoomon, let the fury burn inside you! Give yourself up to the transformation!"
- "Digivolve into your true form and then destroy this world, this world into which you should never have been born in the first place!"
- His English Voice Actor, Jeff Nimoy also voices Tentomon, Kabuterimon, MegaKabuterimon, HerculesKabuterimon and Young Gennai from Digimon Adventure series.
- Dark Gennai is one of the darkest villains in the franchise.
- Dark Gennai is the first Digimon villain to be a Karma Houdini.
Devimon | Etemon | DemiDevimon | Myotismon | Apocalymon | Digimon Emperor | Kimeramon | Arukenimon | Mummymon | BlackWarGreymon | Daemon | Yukio Oikawa | Alphamon | Mysterious Man | Maki Himekawa | Meicoomon | King Drasil
Digimon Data Squad
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters