|~ Murdoc before his supposed death in each episode.|
Murdoc (played by Michael Des Barres) is a recurring antagonist in the TV series "MacGyver". He is the arch enemy and main oppenent of the protagonist MacGyver. He is seen at least once in every season except for season 1. Murdoc is a scheming assassin and a master of disguise. He is able to imitate nearly anyone with his voice, and is known for taking pictures of his victims right before they die.
Murdoc has supposedly died several times in the series, but always comes back with even more hate for MacGyver.
- Before the series, in a flashback, Murdoc, ran into a building that was being demolished while being pursued by MacGyver. Just as he enters the building, it collapses, leaving Mac to believe that he was dead.
- In season 2, it is revealed that Murdoc somehow survived the collapsing building, and is out for revenge against MacGyver and his best friend Peter Thorton. He traps them in a tractor trailer, then puts dynamite on the bottom. Just as the dynamite is about to go off, Mac and Pete escape. Furious, Murdoc attempts to get them with his last stick of dynamite, but he takes too long, and the truck explodes.
- In season 3, he tries to burn Mac to a crisp with a flame thrower. The fight eventually leads to a cliff on a mountain. Murdoc was about to impale Mac with his knife, but Mac grabs Murdoc's rope at the last second and Murdoc cuts that instead, making him fall 500 feet.
- In season 4, Murdoc returns yet again and kidnaps a woman named Penny Parker, whom Mac thinks of as his little sister. He traps Pete in a cage above a pool of flaming water, and Mac in a holding cell with the floor slowly moving up. Mac manages to escape, free Pete and Penny, and electrocute Murdoc with a loose wire. Murdoc then falls into the pool of flaming water.
- In season 6, Murdoc causes Mac to lose his memory. Murdoc convinces a widower and her daughter that he is Macgyver, then tries to kill Mac. Mac regains his memory, then saves the woman and her daughter from the clutches of the assassin. In the final fight, Murdoc is pulled into a mine shaft by a rope and falls. While law enforcement tries to find the body, one officer tells Mac that they'll keep looking, and that no one could survive a fall like that. Mac replies coldly, "You don't know Murdoc."
- In season 7, Murdoc portrays himself as a general and allies himself with a terrorist condemned to death. Murdoc convinces the government to let him go, but the terrorrist betrays Murdoc and orders one of his soldiers to kill him. Murdoc kills the guard, and when Mac escapes the terrorrist, Murdoc tries to run him over with a jeep. Mac jumps out of the way at the last second, and jeep and assassin tumble down a cliff. At the bottom, the jeep explodes. It has been thought that Murdoc actually did die here, but Mac recieves a phone call with a mysterious person laughing evilly on the other end.