|“||And now we end this.||„|
|~ Morgana le Fay|
|“||You have Merlin's powers, but you don't have his strength or his skill. You are still weak.||„|
|~ Morgana taunting Dave and her last words before he destroys her.|
Morgana le Fay is the true main antagonist of Disney's 2010 fantasy film, The Sorcerer's Apprentice. She is a powerful legendary sorceress and is aided by certain wicked spellcasters Maxim Horvath and Abigail Williams in her plan of raising the souls of the evil dead sorcerers ("Morganians" named after her) and destroying the world.
She was portrayed by Alice Krige who also played Christabella.
Morgana who was once known as Morgan Pendragon, was a powerful witch and also the former apprentice of the legendary wizard named Merlin. After discovering her witchcraft abilities, Morgan asked Merlin to teach her magic and train her in the sacred arts of sorcery. As Merlin helped Morgan gain control over her powers, for years Merlin looked after Morgan with love and care, until she eventually betrayed him by practicing black magic.
Because Morgana believed that witches and wizards were more important than humans, she plotted to enslave the human race by casting a dark and powerful spell known as The Rising that would bend them to her will and have the resurrected conjurors conquering the Earth. She began the demonstraition of her supremacy by savagely attacking mortals, including those that were allied with Merlin.
She succeeded in killing her mentor with the help of another traitor, a former Merlinean named Maxim Horvath. Her last words to Merlin, were "I am no one's servant.". Later she tried to kill Merlin's 2 apprentices Balthazar Blake and Veronica Gorloisen, Veronica sacrificed herself by asborbing Morgana's soul into her via the Fusion Spell and her lover Balthazar locked them both in the Grimhold.
Personality and Traits
An evil and utterly selfish sorceress who has no qualms over taking innocent lives in order to achieve her goals, Morgana is definitely a venomous character to be reckoned with.
Despite such great cruelty, however, Morgana is still indisputably elegant, speaking with a proper English accent and carries herself with grace and dignity. She is also highly charismatic, being able to gather many Morganians (or at least those who have the potential of becoming such) over the centuries, however, this may also be due to Horvath's action to spread Morganian teachings while he was in pursuit of his nemesis, Balthazar.
Powers and Abilities
Morgana is an extremely powerful and deadly witch with a particular proficiency for black magic. She also possesses telekinesis and also elemental abilities such as fire and lightning. She conjures Plasma Bolts to attack her enemies without hesitating and without mercy.
When Morgana became a spirit, even without a physical body due to the power of the Fusion Spell (or specifically, whatever was left of her physical body turned into a glowing mass of electron dust that can reform and pass through anything), she can also possess people like she did with Veronica Gorloisen and Balthazar Blake. And she can avoid attacks (physical and magical) when these attacks only phased through her and not harm her.
Yet, Morgana is weak against electricity as electricity would render electron dust that her spirit form composed of solid, making her suspectible with attacks. Dave successfully exploited this by electrocuted her with several makeshift Tesla Coils and used his power to eliminate her completely.
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
The Rising Has BegunCenturies later when Horvath succeed in breaking the final shell of the Grimhold with the energy of both the foolish illusionist Drake Stone and the malevolent witch Abigail Williams, Morgana, while possessing Veronica's body, was set free. She was able to perform the Rising ritual in order to raise the dead. As she busily chanting incantations, Balthazar comes to stop them, but is immediately overpowered by Horvath.
Luckily Becky, Dave's girlfriend's disturbed the antenna of one of the positioned satellite dishes and the signal that was to perfect the dark ritual, thus The Rising was incomplete. At the same time, it rendered both Morgana and Veronica unconscious just as Dave disarmed Horvath with a Tesla Coil, allowed Balthazar to blasted him aside.
Final Battle and Demise
Balthazar then absorbed Morgana's dark soul into himself using the same magic spell known as the Human Fusion Spell (also known as the Fusion Spell) to free Veronica. He then begged both her and Dave seal him and Morgana inside the Grimhold. Both Balthazar and Veronica were unwilling to do it, but suddenly, Morgana possessed Balthazar to taunt them, before broke free and escaped his body and materialized into a ghostly form of herself, composed of electron dust.
Morgana then attacked both Balthazar and Veronica in an act of revenge by unleashing a huge stream of fire, but is stopped by Dave, whom finally awakened his Prime Merlinean powers, conjured a fire shield to protected his fellow Merlineans. Undaunted, Morgana fires plasma bolts on her enemies, and as she attempted to fire another plasma bolt on Veronica, Balthazar unexpectedly jumped to its path, and mortally wounded as result.
With no one stood between them, the two conjurors ultimately fought and David won by using the electric power of his makeshift Tesla Coils and his Prime Merlinean powers to exploit Morgana's weakness and destroyed her once and for all.
- Morgana along with her name is based on the same legendary sorceress with the peticular alias who existed the time of King Arthur.
- Shortly after Morgan became evil, she changed her name from "Morgan Pendragon" to "Morgana le Fay".
- Fire (epsecially in the art of of pyromancy) seems to be Morgana's specialty in sorcery other than The Rising.
- Unlike her mytholoogical counterpart, it is assumed by her original surname of Pendragon that she was Uther Pendragon's daughter. In the Arthurian legend, Morgan (as she is known in most sources) is the daughter of Uther Pendragon's mistress Igraine and her first husband, Gorlois making her the half-sister of King Arthur and the half-sister-in-law of King Arthur's wife Queen Guinevere.
- In the Arthurian legend-inspired shows Camelot and The Adventures of Merlin, Morgana (in Merlin) and Morgan (in Camelot) are the daughters of Uther Pendragon (in both shows) who is also the father of King Arthur whereas their mythological counterparts are the daughter of Igraine.
- Though it was stated that Morgana was once Merlin's earliest apprentice whom he treated like a daughter, this not shown in the movie itself, but rather implied by Merlin's hesitance in killing Morgana once overpowered her.
- Morgana le Fay had bigger plans than her minion Maxim Horvath.
- Morgana can be compared with The Fallen from Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen:
- Both are founders and supreme commanders of their respective organizations (Morganians for Morgana and Decepticons for The Fallen) that believed that their races are far better than humanity.
- Both also have more active right hands that mainly believed by audience to be the main antagonist until is revealed that the said minions revealed to work for them (Horvath for Morgana and Megatron for The Fallen). Interestingly, Horvath and Megatron also shares some similarities in common.
- Both also had their right-hand minions escaped by the time they were defeated.