|~ Katagiri before his death|
Mitsuo Katagiri is the secondary antagonist of Godzilla 2000. He is the founder and leader of Crisis Control Intelligence (CCI). He believes that Godzilla must be destroyed.
He was played by Japanese actor, Hiroshi Abe.
Mitsuo Katagiri is the founder and leader of Crisis Control Intelligence. It is his philosophy that Godzilla must be destroyed. Katagiri is not afraid to risk a few casualties to do so. Throughout most of the film, Katagiri tries to control, study, and eventually destroy the Millennian spacecraft. Katagiri is responsible for defending the people against Godzilla. Although he is technically fighting on the same side of the film's protagonists, Katagiri could easily be described as the villain, as he opposes Yuji Shinoda, who wants to preserve and study Godzilla. Katagiri even orders to detonate a building in an attempt to destroy the Millennian UFO while he knows Shinoda is inside. After the battle between Godzilla and Orga, Katagiri stands still on a balcony as Godzilla approaches him, refusing to evacuate. Katagiri remarks that he had never seen Godzilla this close before, and defiantly shouts Godzilla's name as Godzilla destroys the balcony, killing Katagiri.
- Despite being the secondary antagonist, Mitsuo Katagiri is the last villain to die in the movie.
- Mitsuo Katagiri is also similar to Gaston.
- They both are handsome on the outside but evil.
- They both want to kill the Monster Protagonists (Mitsuo Katagiri:Godzilla,Gaston:Beast)
- They both fall into their deaths.