If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Father. It's me, Michael.||„|
|~ Michael's first words and most famous quote.|
|“||I'm going to come find you.||„|
|~ Michael vows to find his father.|
Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location
Michael appears in this game as the main protagonist. He works as a technician and was presumably hired by his father to free his sister's soul from Baby. After night 5 if the player chose to follow Baby's indications, Michael will get scooped by Ennard, who will take his body.
If the player decided to do not follow Baby's indications, Michael will have to survive for the rest of the night from Ennard. He will then go home but Ennard will chase him. In the custom night's minigames, it can be seen that Michael's body started getting rotten until Ennard abandoned it.
Baby's voice then kept repeating "You won't die" and after that Michael came back to life. His voice can be heard in the Golden Freddy cutscene.
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Simulator
Michael returns in this game as the main protagonist, taking the job of manager of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place. As well as working on the Pizzeria itself, Michael was also tasked with salvaging vintage animatronics which had appeared in the back alley, supposedly for parts. The first of these was Molten Freddy. Over the next few days, these included Springtrap, Scrap Baby, and Lefty. While in his office, Michael fended off the Animatronics, by luring them with sounds.
On the final night, Mike's boss revealed that the Pizzeria was a trap for all the remaining animatronics, with Mike luring them around the labyrinthine vents in circles. Henry praised Michael as his "brave volunteer", telling him that, while there had been a way out, he knew Michael did not want it. Henry then burnt the Pizzeria to free the souls, including Michael who finally died.
Before being scooped Michael was a Caucasian male with brown hair and blue eyes. After that he was scooped his body started to get rotten until his skin became purple, he lost his hair and his eyes became black with white pupils.
Michael's personality is unknown but from the minigames of Sister Location, it is seen that Michael has a lot of friends, making understand that he is a very friendly guy.
After beating a Custom Night preset on Very Hard mode, you will be greeted to a secret minigame, which shows the events after Ennard had been stuffed inside of Michael.
In the first minigame, Michael looks like a normal man, wearing a purple shirt and blue pants. The people around him wave cheerfully.
In the second minigame, Everything is the same just with him having a minor skin color change from tan-pink to tan. The people around him continue to wave cheerfully.
In the third minigame, Michael's skin seems to be more of a green color. The first person he walks past has a bewildered expression on his face. The rest are normal, just waving cheerfully.
In the fourth minigame, Michael's skin becomes a darker greenish-brown; his eyes are also now completely black. The last three people he walks by look in confusion.
In the fifth minigame, he looks much more decrepit than he did in the past minigames, with a strange glowing in one eye. Everyone around him appear very concerned.
In the sixth minigame, his skin has turned a dull purple, now having a white glow in both of his eyes. He also acts to be more senile and less cheerful than he was before. There are much less people around him and one of them is hiding behind their house in fear.
In the last minigame, he is hunched over and his skin is a dark purple colour. His appearance is now very reminiscent of purple guy. Everyone around him have hid behind their houses in dread.
Eventually, his body has a spasm, and he regurgitates the robotic parts belonging to Ennard into the sewer. He lies on the ground, presumably dead. The player then hears Circus Baby's voice repeating "you won't die", and then Michael gets revived while all of the animatronics' eyes show up in the sewer.
Golden Freddy V. Hard Cutscene
After beating V. Hard Golden Freddy mode, Michael Afton, speaks to his father William Afton.
- "Father. It's me, Michael. I did it. I found it. It was right where you said it would be. They were all there. They didn't recognize at first but then they thought I was you. And I found her. I put her back together, just like you asked me to. She's free now. But something is wrong with me. I should be dead. But I'm not. I've been living in shadows. There is only one thing left for me to do now. I'm going to come find you. I'm going to come find you."
After this, Springtrap walks in for a second before the screen goes black. Looking in the background, you see the words "Fazbear's Fright."
- Intentionally covered his father's crimes (was likely unaware of his father's crimes).
- It is theorized that Michael, Mike Schmidt, Jeremy Fitzgerald, Fritz Smith, and Big Brother are one and the same as well as him being the Fazbear's Fright guard.
- In FNaF: Survival Logbook, it's revealed that Micheal knows about Nightmare Fredbear.
- This caused some fans of the series to confuse Michael, the protagonist for Five Nights at Freddy's 4 nightmare segments, for his little brother.
- Michael is the second protagonist to die in the Five Nights at Freddy's series, the first being his unnamed brother from Five Nights at Freddy's 4's minigames.
- Not counting the minigames, Michael is the first and only protagonist to officially die (when he was killed by Ennard).
- When Michael said that the spirits mistaken him for his father, that would explain why the animatronics come after you in the first and second game.
- In recent times, it has been theorized by Matthew "Matpat" Patrick of The Game Theorists that Michael Afton and the Crying Child are the same person.
- Of course, if this was true, then the timeline would be unstable, as by FNaF SL and FNaF 2, Michael would be already dead, and even if he were still alive, he would not be old enough to work at Freddy's.
- His hair resembles that of Rick Astley's, who is famous for his song Never Gonna Give You Up.