She is typically described as a living doormat and is constantly mistreated by her family, which in several episodes, leads her to cut herself and made her somewhat suicidal. Her current age is 18 years old. Put she was originally 16 Years old in first to almost of series than ages 17 years old from mid-seasons to "Meg and Quagmire" episode.
It has been shown in "Seahorse Seashell Party" that the Griffin family needs to treat her badly to absorb most of their dysfunction. But meg finally rebelled to most all family members expect Stewie and Brian in that episode. Put change her mind at end because she believes "trying keep to together as a family" but really Meg must have closely signs of Borderline Personality Disorder and majorly signs of Stockholm syndrome (obviously) as example from above and mildly implied to have Avoidant or Schizoid personality disorder because to take advice's from Brian who happen to be talking dog instead take more advice's from her human friends (Who one them are later died in episode) and other human beings to avoid any more problems.
- The most noteworthy of villainous acts may be in the episode; "Dial Meg for Murder," which greatly showed her aggressive side. She was arrested for harboring her fugitive boyfriend despite that she did not initially know he was hiding at her house. When she came back from prison, she became mean and controlling and scared off even her own dad. She also made Peter punch Stewie. Meg also cracked open the skulls of a group of popular kids with a bag of stolen soda cans at her school when they dissed her. However, she was able to redeem herself in the end, thanks to Brian.
- In other episodes, she has been seen trying to have sex with other characters of the show. Due to her inability to keep her boyfriends, she can be very desperate to get a new one.
- An example is in "Barely Legal," where she forces Brian to become her boyfriend after threatening to commit suicide due to her failure to get a date for the Junior Prom. She later kidnaps Brian and threatens to rape him.
- Meg also falls in love with Joe Swanson in "The Hand That Rocks the Wheelchair", and even gets his wife Bonnie Swanson arrested so she can have Joe all to herself.
- Meg is depicted as a creature in the Family Guy-Star Wars series; for example, in "Something, Something, Something Dark Side", Meg fills the roll as a giant space slug known as the Exogorth. Another excample is in; "It's A Trap!", where Meg fills the role as the tentacled beast Sarlacc.
- Meg implied to have strangled a cat to death once.
- Meg was lover in "Friend without Benefits" went meg crush on Kent Lastname revealed he homosexual and meg denied him because boys dumped her hundred times, Meg believing he inter-straight and wont to date put kent is love in her older brother Chris, later she told chris he's gay and love in him; Meg want sleep him she thinks what like sleep in other men put chris against idea so meg has planned to drug him and kent thinking he sleeping but deserted plan by Meg, later that night kent who unaware chris not sleep and druged leaving kent calling her as [homophobic] psychopath and hate her for now since.
- In the latest episode, Chris Cross, Meg found Chris stealing money from her parents and forced him into hard, degrading and somewhat unethical slave labour under the threat of exposing him.
She is also considered to be somewhat of a fan villain. Similar to the way she's portrayed in the show, fans often depict her as being "ugly" (similar to Squidward Tentacles).