|“||Drown in the heart-lorn world of nothingness. I shall scatter your heart into the empty winds.||„|
|“||As lightless oblivion devours you, drown in the ever-blooming darkness!||„|
Marluxia, the Graceful Assassin, is the eleventh member of Organization XIII and the main antagonist of Sora's story in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. He wields a scythe and the power of flowers, which represent death as opposed to how they represent Cure magic in the games for all the other characters. Marluxia, along with Larxene, another Organization XIII member, schemes to overthrow Xemnas, with the help of Sora, so they can become the leaders.
Before Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
On an unknown world, Marluxia's complete self succumbed to darkness, turning his heart into a Heartless. However, his will was so strong it left behind a Nobody, who was recruited into the Organization by Xigbar and Xaldin.
Marluxia appears as a playable character in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, and teaches Roxas a few things about fighting.
Chain of Memories
After the events of the first game, Sora, Donald, and Goofy are wandering a long road. In the middle of the night, a hooded Marluxia appears and leads them to Castle Oblivion. Once inside, he takes all of their memories, and puts them into cards, weakening the party. He then teaches them how to use the cards, and then leaves after giving them a card that allows then to revisit a world from their memories.
As the game goes on, it is discovered that Marluxia has gotten fellow members of the Organization Axel and Larxene to help him conspire against the leader of the Organization, Xemnas. To do this, he wishes to use Naminé to twist Sora's memories, turning him into a slave of the Organization, so that the power of the Keyblade could be theirs. However, Larxene is killed by Sora, and Axel betrays him, leaving him the last person in the conspiracy. Sora makes it up to the floor with Naminé, and after a short talk Marluxia reveals himself, and demands that Naminé use her powers to crush Sora's heart, but Naminé refuses, and Marluxia fights Sora. Sora is able to overpower him, and he flees into the highest room in the Castle, awaiting Sora with a reaper machine to help him fight. After that he fights Sora with an angel-like nobody, which is the ultimate proof of his powers. In the end, Marluxia still falls at Sora's hands.
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
Marluxia's spirit remains as a special kind of Nobody, called an Absent Silhouette, and manifests itself inside the Beast's Castle in the Beast's room after Sora convinces the Beast to take back Belle and the rose from Xaldin. If Sora chooses to investigate the Silhouette, Marluxia reappears and engages Sora in a hectic rematch, but is defeated. A data replica of Marluxia also appears in the Cavern of Remembrance.
- Marluxia was originally planned to be female, but the idea was scrapped to avoid the implications of two women trying to overthrow a male-dominated Organization.
- All musical pieces used during the battles against Marluxia in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Re:Chain of Memories are named after his overall concept:
- The first piece, "Graceful Assassin," is also his title.
- The second piece, "Scythe of Petals," alludes to his weapon.
- Finally the third piece, "Lord of the Castle," refers to his status in Castle Oblivion.
- Marluxia is voiced by Keith Ferguson, who also voices Bloo from Foster's Home for imaginary Friends.
- The location of Marluxia's Absent Silhouette is eerily fitting for him, as the Beast's Room also contains his rose. The rose's curse represents how long it takes for the Beast to slowly lose his humanity, and by the time all of the rose's petals fall, the Beast's humanity will be effectively dead. Considering Marluxia's attribute being flowers, the location is almost appropriate.
|Kingdom Hearts Villains|