|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
|“||My transformative powers are still at their prime. Now, shall we begin a ten-game match of danmaku transformations?||„|
|~ Mamizou Futatsuiwa|
Mamizou Futatsuiwa is a boss character from Touhou Project first appearing as the Extra Stage boss in Ten Desires. She is a youkai tanuki who originally lived outside Gensokyo, but she moved in to help a friend.
She originally lived with humans in a city named Sado, often lent them money and got along with them well. She however, doesn't get along with foxes and fortunately, there are no foxes in Sado.
Mamizou currently lives in Myouren Temple, along with Nue Houjuu.
- (Touhou 13) Has brown fluffy hair with a green leaf on top. She has ears and a tail like a Tanuki would have. She wears round glasses and two black bracelets. Her top is brass and has a notepad of confidence and a bottle of 酒 sake that represents virtue. She has pink shoulder caps. Her skirt is maroon with brass patterns. She has brownish sandals.
- (Touhou 13.5) Same as above, except her leaf is larger and has bells, and her glasses are white.
- (Touhou 14.5) She maintains her 13.5 appearance.
Mamizou, proud of her race's esteem, is good natured; albeit with a mischievous streak. She speaks the way an old lady might and occasionally squints as if she was nearsighted. She isn't one to take a grudge, but as Marisa in her extra stage shows she has her limits of niceness. She does enjoy pulling pranks on humans and watching them be confused and flustered.
Despite being brought in as a 'trump card', she is noted to being friendly with humans, and has been seen taking on the form of a human while in the Human Village. Though she is seen in the Human Village often in human form, Symposium of Post-mysticism has stated that she does not make an effort to hide her tail, considering it a mark of her high status.
- Nue Houjuu (Friend)
- Byakuren Hijiri (Currently lives at her temple)
- Ran Yakumo (Enemy)
- Kosuzu Motoori (Admirer)
- Hata no Kokoro (Known)
- She is a second character that is a meganekko in the series, the first one being Rikako Asakura. However, she is the first one to wear glasses in a Windows game.
- Futatsuiwa (二ッ岩) means "Two Rocks". Her first name Mamizou is written in katakana. This may be a pun on how tanukis are often represented in folklore.
- Her hometown may possibly be the real life town of Sado in Niigata Prefecture.