|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
The Makuta are the species that served as the major antagonists in the BIONICLE series. They were originally intended to enforce peace and stability in the Matoran universe, until they became corrupted (except for Miserix, who remained neutral in this situation) and began an oppressive and genocidal campaign that spanned the entire storyline. Not all Makuta are evil, as some did not side with the Brotherhood of Makuta.
About 100,000 years ago,
The Makuta are a group of psychotic and arrogant race. They are also very cruel and ???
- Makuta Teridax - Former leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta and the Makuta of Metru Nui. He was responsible for manipulating events that occured in the main storyline as he intended to conquer the Matoran Universe. He eventually died when the
- Miserix - A first and former leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta until he was overthrown by Teridax, who took over as their leader.
- Icarax - The Makuta of Karzahni. He also became the leader of the Brotherhood following Teridax's missing whereabout and was one who launched the invasion on Karda Nui. He died during the final battle with Toa Ignika when he was destroyed from within after the former absorbed the latter.
- Mutran - The mad Makuta scientist of the Brotherhood of Makuta
- Makuta of Stelt
- Makuta the Mask Hoarder - The Makuta of the planet of Okoto as well as the brother of Ekimu.